vitochelopez Posted July 8, 2014 Report Posted July 8, 2014 I currently have a pair of CDT 06+ in my doors in 0.4 sealed enclosures. I am not too happy with them I thought my m6 mids sounded better. Anyways I was looking at the American bass xd6.54 or the massive audio summon 64. I am leaning towards the massive's?
vitochelopez Posted July 8, 2014 Author Report Posted July 8, 2014 I saw those DD but I think my enclosure is not compatible...
Smoove Posted July 9, 2014 Report Posted July 9, 2014 Sundown X-6.5 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
vitochelopez Posted July 9, 2014 Author Report Posted July 9, 2014 The sundowns are still prototypes?
jroo Posted July 9, 2014 Report Posted July 9, 2014 anarchy. I think I have seen them modeled in a sealed enclosure and by memory it was or very close to 0.4. Before you change what were you not happy with? Didnt play low enough, doesnt play high enough, just plain sounded like poo? Sometimes playing with xover points and slopes can clean up a driver.
vitochelopez Posted July 10, 2014 Author Report Posted July 10, 2014 They distort easily and can't handle anything under 100hz hpf. They are supposed to handle according to CDT themselves as low as 63hz hpf. My m6 were crossed over at 70hz hpf and sounded awesome but these Max out excursion and slap when turned up. I asked dealer who sells then and said yes they do that even in optimal box they still distort easy. He had a pair in a optimal demo box and yes they did.
vitochelopez Posted July 10, 2014 Author Report Posted July 10, 2014 I think I am going with the massive audio.
Tuxer Posted July 10, 2014 Report Posted July 10, 2014 The sundowns are still prototypes? According to their FB page, production has completed for the X-6.5s and should be in stock in a month or so.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.