How to fiberglass in door pods?

How are hard is it to fiberglass in door pods? like a simple design for a 5 and a quarter and 5 inch mids. Also what are some good tips and tricks when making them. What type of Fiberglass ect.. should i use? Any help?

I am still learning myself actually still working on them. I can say without being very general it depends on what you want to do. Whether you want to cut out parts of the door or place a pod over the door. I use the materials that are available to me. I will say this when you lay your fleece try to get it as perfect as possible to avoid sanding later. Take your time and sanding is the most important and time consuming part. Hope that helps

Check out my build slow but... slow and steady wins the race

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185561-1st-build-budget-toyota-mark-2/

Its not hard.as long as you are ready to do the work.a lot of it is practice.you'll learn the term build up material and sand build up material and sand.you better have a lot of patients latex gloves Dixie cups and throw away brushes ..use only blue tape when masking things of you don't want ruined.reason being it doesn't leave sticky material behind.watch as many you tube videos you can.I've always you 3m resin and have good results and I prefer rage gold bondo.

Do you have picture of door.

I am still learning myself actually still working on them. I can say without being very general it depends on what you want to do. Whether you want to cut out parts of the door or place a pod over the door. I use the materials that are available to me. I will say this when you lay your fleece try to get it as perfect as possible to avoid sanding later. Take your time and sanding is the most important and time consuming part. Hope that helps

Thank you for the tips! and no i dont have a picture of the door. Its a GM door off a 99 yukon denali

Actually I know what doors you are talking about.

Those doors are pretty easy to.just have a plan..I would start with a fiberglass blanket over where you want the speaker fit.I would glass over the whole carpet area. a roller comes in handy to lay the material down flat..have a few layers to work with.make sure to measure depth of panels for speakers will fit.

Actually I know what doors you are talking about.

Those doors are pretty easy to.just have a plan..I would start with a fiberglass blanket over where you want the speaker fit.I would glass over the whole carpet area. a roller comes in handy to lay the material down flat..have a few layers to work with.make sure to measure depth of panels for speakers will fit.

Thank you sooo much for the help! and one last question, ive seen many of the guys make circles out of wood and put like little legs on them and then fiberglass up to them. Is that a good way to do it or is there a better route to take?

Archived