250 or 300 amp fuses?

Kyler is right.

Ive always fused this way, because its so much safer when your only fusing for what the requirement needs and maybe a tad headroom.

Its pointless to fuse for the current rating of the power wire, especially if that power wire will never see that kind of current.

Dont know how many times ive said it, but seems like only a handful of people can catch onto this concept. ;)

Makes sense and even if the fuse goes for some reason, $6 is much cheaper than ruined equipment!

I've been going by fusing for the rating of the wire but it never really made sense to me as to why I would need 300amp fuses when I'm not running much power in comparison to bigger systems.

Yes, 90% of the time, fusing to wire load, is correct.

But we all know, WE audio retards, DONT USE RECOMMENED ANYTHING.

FUckers are dumping shca 2/0 in amps with a 8g input.

Or 2 2/0 duals on a single 1/0 take in.

Heres another example.

You have duals. 2 1/0 runs into the dual block,..... and into the 1/0 input of the amp. So that input is capable of around 300amps of current.

Would you put 2 fuses on those lines. (well i dont, but most do) ... Would you put 2 300amp fuses?

I wouldnt.. id put 2 150's, or the like..... maybe 2 200's.

(not to mention, a amplifier TOP rated pull, is almost NEVER ever seen from anyone. Mostly only burp people even come close. They have tested to the point of one tone, and one imedance, that allows the amp to pull its max rated. Anyone on music, it would vary so much, youd be luck to see some thin around 3/4 full rated)

Im glad someone else sees it like i see it.

Or, better yet,..

people are putting 2/0 on a alt that is capable of 150 amps.

Now, if you fuse to the wire there?!?!.. again, your never gonna be able to pop it. Again, your wire would be the fuse...... which, isnt good.

Ordering some 150s tonight!

Also, as I mentioned before, I'm thinking about wiring them down to .75 (right now they're at 1.5).....with only a stock alt, do you think I should just keep them where they are now and play it safe?

Honestly, I'm really happy with what they are doing now - they get loud, sound great, and move some air but as I'm sure you know, always looking for ways to get more!

(I'll try to get a video posted soon)

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Archived