Second Skin Audio

4-th order for dc xl's

faralint

Seems low on port to me for a bandpass. I'd feed that much port to a regular ported box, not a 4th order bandpass probably. The last 4th I designed was for some old school Fosgates with not nearly the throw and they were going to have 220" of port.

It's up to you though, you can try it to see if it works. Port area seems to be a mystery to some, it was to me at one point. What brought you to the decision for the amount of port you're using in this design?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Yeah, he was referring to a straight forward vented enclosure(which is a 4th order btw), not a 4th order bandpass.

Port area per square in isn't my bag. I would rather port to the subwoofer's cone area, tuning and Xmax. 4th order bandpass enclosures require more vent than a typical regular ported box.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

CJ from this forum. From dc audio. Found some topic from CJ, he advised 15 sq.in per cube of ported box.

15sqin per cube is for a regular ported box (4th order) .

The pic you posted a link for is a 4th order bandpass. Clean Sierra is giving you port size for the ported side of the box.

I know. I have ported box right now and 150+ at 30 hz. But i need More... Want try a bp box

If you want more. Get some LVL 5's or SP4's and a bigger amp.

DC10k will run some Team FI , DC LVL 6's. Sounds like its time for you to take it p a notch :)

Archived