Sundown Audio

Hifonics 0.5

MatthewBigBossWilliams

It's bc Fi's impedance are lower than 1 and 2 ohms. The 2 ohms are 1.4 and the 1 ohm are .7. So if you wire the D1 down its .35 and not .5. It should say that on the site under the specs of the sub. Just wire the sub up to 2 ohms (1.4) and you shouldn't have any problems at all

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

So I just went out there to check the Ohm level, and when the amp isnt on, its at 0.8 ohms. When the amp is on its at 3.1 while low volume. at full bass it fluctuates. it goes from 3.1 to 14 then to 1.6 then 0.3. It usually stays between 3.1 and 1.6

ehm...what?

so read the coils...if it says 0,8 its for wach coil so you get dual 0,8(0,7) you dont get higher ohm impendance if you get on a higher volume

so you need to get the proper wiring from sub to amp.. and then test it

anyway...you lost me for some time

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

So I just went out there to check the Ohm level, and when the amp isnt on, its at 0.8 ohms. When the amp is on its at 3.1 while low volume. at full bass it fluctuates. it goes from 3.1 to 14 then to 1.6 then 0.3. It usually stays between 3.1 and 1.6

ehm...what?

so read the coils...if it says 0,8 its for wach coil so you get dual 0,8(0,7) you dont get higher ohm impendance if you get on a higher volume

I read the coils. they are .8

ehm...what?

yeah but your explanation when the amp and the volume is on(or up) does not make any sense

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

You wont know until you find out yourself. Every setup is different, even if it worked for someone else fine it doesn't mean it will work ok for you. My amp is cheap and rated only down to 1 ohm but its been running .5 ohm for a few months now np. You never know.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

ehm...what?

yeah but your explanation when the amp and the volume is on(or up) does not make any sense

Sorry. The multimeter was fluctuating a bunch for some reason man. Right now it is at a steady .8

• 4 weeks later...

I would not run it at anything below 1 ohm. i am currently using a zues 3200 and it likes to get warm even when i am listening at low volume levels.

Considering i have a little higher output alternator than most stock vehicles (160 amp) plus 4 batteries total. When i recently clamped the system, I only got 975 watts into a wired 1 ohm load (actual measured was 1.5 ohm).

I would have to guess when you saw the resistance go up when playing music is the result of box rise. On my system even though i have it wired to a measured 1.5 ohm load, at some frequencies i am up around 3.5 ohms due to box rise. If you hook your DMM up to the sub and by hand move the cone you will also see the resistance fluctuate and change.

Just a side note

when measuring a voice coils dc resistance, you really need to make sure that its fairly quiet. any noise around you at the time will cause the cone and motor to move and that will cause changes in the measured resistance.

Archived