DevinG Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 So ive decided with some help that I'm going to put a Sundown X-15 in my 2009 Lancer, However I'm having trouble pinning down the tuning and volume of the enclosure. I have heard that these subs like a low tuned box to really shine but I have never made a box to fit a driver this monstrous. I was wondering if I could get some help in the design process. My Trunks dimensions are 36 inches wide, 17 inches tall, and the floor of the trunk is 36 inches from back to front, however the roof of the trunk is 27 inches back to front. The amp used will be either a CT Sounds at1400.1 or a Soundqubed SQ1200D, If i could get an opinion on that as well i would appreciate it. Music i listen to is usually stuff from decaf, a little dubstep from time to time, and sometime a bit of metal but I'm mostly concerned about killing the low end. Thanks in advance!
greezychef Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 If your electrical is right that ct sounds will slam.
DevinG Posted July 14, 2014 Author Report Posted July 14, 2014 If your electrical is right that ct sounds will slam. Do you know if it accepts 4 or 1/0 wire? because as of now i only have 4awg ofc. However if it does take 1/0 I've been looking for an excuse to upgrade!
DevinG Posted July 14, 2014 Author Report Posted July 14, 2014 1/0 is recommended Then I have an excuse lol. On the topic of an enclosure, I have been playing around with torres but I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly. I'll post a screen shot in a bit.
Cj Kumz Posted July 16, 2014 Report Posted July 16, 2014 Having the sub facing up in a trunk car is not recommended. And your port area per foot is way too low for a slot port. Your box should also have 3 common walls and 1 extra baffle cause according to your diagram you doubling the face Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Cj Kumz Posted July 16, 2014 Report Posted July 16, 2014 Try something like this. Just a suggestion Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Christopher Talbot Posted July 17, 2014 Report Posted July 17, 2014 Can you tell me why top firing subs is a bad idea cause I did that with my 2 obsidias 12s and ported it to the back and I'm super impressed and everybody in a 3 block radius hates me but I can't personally hear any of the bass cause it sounds like the plastic in my rear third taillight area is exploding
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.