soundstream15 Posted July 15, 2014 Report Posted July 15, 2014 I have a few tiny gaps around my one sub between the gasket and box, is that a issue. If so then I'll fix it
BoomZoom808 Posted July 15, 2014 Report Posted July 15, 2014 air leaks no bueno 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
TDZ13 Posted July 15, 2014 Report Posted July 15, 2014 I'd do something to fix it personally.. Any sort of air leaks in the enclosure itself like that will lose some output. 2006 Hyundai Sonata Lx - Alpine CDA-9885 - Rainbow CSX Comps - (2) 12" Sundown Zv4 - Sundown 5K - 4.6ft3 @ 33hz w/ 6" aeros sealed off in trunk - 250a Singer alt, Kinetik 1400, (2) 2400s - 150.4 @ Dash as of now
soundstream15 Posted July 15, 2014 Author Report Posted July 15, 2014 Yeah I'm gonna rem out the hole a little better
fecupe2001 Posted July 15, 2014 Report Posted July 15, 2014 I have a few tiny gaps around my one sub between the gasket and box, is that a issue. If so then I'll fix it will get louder for sure, you could use some foam or maybe just duct tape, looks like shit but works awesome lol I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
Tuxer Posted July 15, 2014 Report Posted July 15, 2014 I had the same problem and bought some weather strip. Ran a nice little ring around the hole and sealed up the leaks perfect. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Frost-King-E-O-3-4-in-x-7-16-in-x-10-ft-Black-High-Density-Rubber-Foam-Weatherstrip-Tape-R734H/100047977
fecupe2001 Posted July 15, 2014 Report Posted July 15, 2014 that´s the "foam" i said, didn´t know the name on english, gotta hate been a damn latino sometimes lol I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion! 2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/ 8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/
mrd6 Posted July 15, 2014 Report Posted July 15, 2014 Parts express sells speaker gasket tape as well...I used to use the weather stripping and the gasket tape is waaaayy better imo My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
bkolfo4 Posted July 16, 2014 Report Posted July 16, 2014 Cord weatherstrip. Comes in 1/8" diameter x 90' long for just a few $$. I use it most of the time without the rubber gasket and it works awesome! Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.