Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2003 dodge ram 4th console enclosure


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a SSA xcon 12 with a hifonics (yeah, I know) brutus elite 2500.1d amp in a cummins (so I have two big batteries and rarely see under 14 volts while playing). Currently in a under seat box in the rear made by NET custom enclosure tuned to around 35hz if I remember correctly in a 2 cube gross enclosure. So net is probably close to 1.5ft3. It sounds clean but doesnt play much over or under 35hz and nothing is near as loud as it should be. I'm looking into doing a center console box without completely losing use of my center rear seat but still giving me much more options that under the seat. Best I have come up with is a 14in wide box that is 22in tall and 26in long on the bottom and 22in long on top. Giving someone some chance at straddling the box in the rear. Appx 3 cubes gross, but my problem comes with trying to plan the port, I was thinking I could do the sub rear facing om the slant and have the port either above or below and headed forward, giving me the most room to get length but having it so narrow worries me about velocity and port noise?

Posted

3 OF THE SAME POST

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear






dc_audio.jpg

Posted

You're not going to be able to make a 4th order for that 12 in roughly 3cuft of space. Unless you make it on the super small side, which might hinder it's performance.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

A 4th order like this:

20140117_165718.jpg

20140117_151532.jpg

Or like this:

20130903_185548.jpg

Both are 4th orders. One is a 4th order bandpass(first pic), and the other is a bass reflex box(also 4th order).

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Both are 4th orders. One is a 4th order bandpass(first pic), and the other is a bass reflex box(also 4th order).

I hate the difference, some people use one while others use the other lol, can make things confusing some times.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8279 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...