Second Skin Audio

Fourth order enclosure for a single kicker cvx15 dual 4

I wouldn't feel comfortable taking money for a design that I wouldn't know for sure would work in the vehicle or not. Without me manning the saw, I'm even less willing to want to take money.

I don't know why a straight forward, ported enclosure wouldn't work in this situation. Why are you wanting to try a bandpass when a ported box could suit you and your goals just fine?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

For regular ported go 4 bushels with 29,032 square millimeters with a port length of 43 barleycorns.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Yup lol so the specs that you gave are for two hua? If so do I go by the rule of thumb and cut that down to half?

Just look at my post.

That will be a good starting point for a 4th order in a car environment There are many routes you can take with a 4th order, a nice SQ way with a flat response, getting a little louder with a bump in the middle or high SPL with a stupid large ratio of front chamber (the one with the port) to rear chamber (the sealed section).

All this is personal preference and it will be hard to get a competent design for free or even payed for over the internet as without being there you can just throw whatever garbage was spewed into a post and consider it void after acoustics take it for a ride.

If you truely don't understand my measurements I did suggest a 2-2.5 cubic sealed chamber (bigger = lower response/less fast notes) with a 5 cube ported chamber with 110 square inches of port, a 12" pvc pipe will be best, that is 21 inches long. This is just going off of your suggestion of 45Hz tuning, I have no idea if that is an ideal tuning or not.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

You need a port area of 109.6e-9homesteads, with a rear chamber of 2 bushels and a front chamber of 4 bushels.

The port length needs to be 63 barleycorns.

That is net volume not gross volume so you need to subtract the displacement of the port, walls, and the sub.

i lol'ed.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Hey thankx Krackin. And I didn't understand the first specs that you have me, i need to work on my understanding game lol! Car stereo is a old hobby of mine, I've been around since external bridging moduals lol....

Now my buddy at kicker gave me these specs and I want to share them with the forum.

Build a box that has 3.1 Cuft on the sealed side, this will include woofer displacement. Then 4.3 Cuft on the ported side and that will include port displacement. Give this box a 8" round port or a 50 square inch port opening. Make the port run 7.5" long. This will have a band width of 33-73 Hz.

The only thing I don't like about it is the port area.

Needs more cowbell.

But other than that I say go for it.

I still suggest 110 square inches, based off of the science of velocity, air movement and linearity in it all. However, remember that if you make the port have more area you will need to make it longer to compensate and retain the original tuning.

Then throw it out when you get in the car because the tuning will be different.

Archived