Quick Amperage/voltage question

Soon my mechman 240amp alternator will arrive. I'm considering doing some SPL subwoofer and monoblock upgrades. Looking at picking up a DC level 5 15" and DC 3.5K amp. I have an optima yellow top under the hood and a XS power HC800 in the trunk. From what I calculated, the alternator would not be powerful enough and I would more than likely get voltage drops. Can anyone confirm this would be the case with that setup.

Front Mids/Tweeters: Focal K2 POWER

Rear Deck Mids: Focal 165ca

Subwoofer: (1) DC Level 5 15"

Highs/Mids Amp: Mosconi Gladen One 120.4

Monoblock: DC 3.5K

Headunit: Kenwood Excelon DNN990HD

Batteries: Optima Yellow Top (hood), Kinetik HC600 (trunk), XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Car: Accord '08 Coupe... terrible trunk shape : ' (

without some better batteries, you would have some bad voltage drop. I would recommend upgrading the starting battery to something like a XS D3400, or whatever the biggest battery you can fit under the hood is and then having a battery bank of XS D3100's in the rear. Also you said you have a XS power battery in the rear, but the model number you provided is for a kinetik battery, I was just curious as to which it is.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

/\ I second jhunt on the d3400 underhood and couple d3100s in the back. Did u do big 4 how many runs of 1/0 ofc do u have to back. Do u have frame grounds?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Rich I have one run of 1/0 to back battery, electrical system is 0 gauge under hood. I just did some researching around, maybe I am better off going with a DC level 5 12" on a Skar Audio SK-2500.1D? That way I wouldn't get voltage drops on what I currently have? Would that sub run fine on that amp or would it be severely under powered? I hope that setup would slapped A LOT harder than the currently 13w7 I have now on a HD1200.

Front Mids/Tweeters: Focal K2 POWER

Rear Deck Mids: Focal 165ca

Subwoofer: (1) DC Level 5 15"

Highs/Mids Amp: Mosconi Gladen One 120.4

Monoblock: DC 3.5K

Headunit: Kenwood Excelon DNN990HD

Batteries: Optima Yellow Top (hood), Kinetik HC600 (trunk), XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Car: Accord '08 Coupe... terrible trunk shape : ' (

Rich I have one run of 1/0 to back battery, electrical system is 0 gauge under hood. I just did some researching around, maybe I am better off going with a DC level 5 12" on a Skar Audio SK-2500.1D? That way I wouldn't get voltage drops on what I currently have? Would that sub run fine on that amp or would it be severely under powered? I hope that setup would slapped A LOT harder than the currently 13w7 I have now on a HD1200.

I'm curious why you choose the skar 2500.

If your going to buy that new you would be better off buying a used 3.5k amp that will run you almost the same amount of cash.

And if you go the other route and buy that skar, assuming you have a good xs power batt in the back and upgraded under the hood. Your voltage should stay in the 13s on most songs.

And Yea your definitely going to see a huge increase over the JL.

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt

I also have a mechman 240A alternator. With a 4k amp I was dropping down to 12.9 full tilt with a d925 in the front and a D3100 in the rear. With a 2200w amp I drop no more than 13.4 full tilt.

*when charging at 14.0 in the summer

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived