Sonic Electronix

How far can i push my stock alt

So pretty much the only way to get louder is a Ho alt and new set up. What about different sub setup? Still same amount of power but won't 2 12s be louder?

no a better sub stage with more woofer or efficient box will always get you louder.

you never know how loud something truly is though until it gets metered.

So pretty much the only way to get louder is a Ho alt and new set up. What about different sub setup? Still same amount of power but won't 2 12s be louder?

no a better sub stage with more woofer or efficient box will always get you louder.

I don't know anyone around amarillo tx with a meter is the problem. And if I stay with my jl 1000 maybe like 2 12s at 2 ohm? Dc or sundown or more psi? What should I buy them rated at. Like 700 a piece? And the box my 15 is in now is at 32 hz

I don't know anyone around amarillo tx with a meter is the problem. And if I stay with my jl 1000 maybe like 2 12s at 2 ohm? Dc or sundown or more psi? What should I buy them rated at. Like 700 a piece? And the box my 15 is in now is at 32 hz

thats all up to your discretion.

if its a sedan? 2 12s

if its an SUV then more cone

Anyone heard or used the new hifonics zeus?

I would stay away from anything Hifonics. I thought the same thing awhile back.. I got a Hifonics BRX2000 and thought it would be good, since it said "CEA Compliant".. (Which Doesn't mean crap) I sent mine back to Sonic and bought a SQ2200.1D and couldn't be happier. On my electrical I was dropping down to around 11.6 at times on that Hifonics and now I haven't seen under 13.5.. Plus its way louder and cleaner.
the amps are rated at .10% thd. At .5%thd it probably only does half power. Which is how they get away with CEA compliant amps. They are rated at almost audible distortion. Its almost the buyers fault for not knowing what to look at.

To the OP, most likely you have a denso alt,80amps - 15-20% efficiency/ 68amps max. Reserve 50 amps for your engine,headlights,blower motor,fuel pump,ecu ect. 18 amps will charge a half dead xs3100 in one hour. I bet under heavy load you feel the loss of horsepower while driving. I sure did before my stock 110 denso caught fire and destroyed my battery in 1 month on a brx2200 and a soumdstream 800.4.

I would highly advise against it. Not only can you fuck your alternator,when your voltage is in the 10's, you risk major damage to vehicle electronics and aftermarket amplifiers.

I have counted at least over 50 dead alternators from random people trying to run 100+ amps on a stock alt.

Archived