Second Skin Audio

Where does one start?

buff_n3rd

Instead of putting $200 per sub do 400 for one. Then a 1k rms plus amp. Big 3 and upgraded front Batt.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Ok this is more of personal taste cause some people (like me lol) like daily setups that are really really loud. If you just want strictly daily go for 2 sa15s or 1 x15 or 1 Z series. Powerwise a 1k-1.5k rms amp will do for the 2 SA15s or for a single X15. For the Z series mayb around 1.5k-2k rms per sub

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

So 2 15s seem to work, some b-stock SA-15s or maybe SQ HDS215s will fit the budget and work in the space and would require limited electrical upgrades. Doing 3 subs will usually prevent you from wiring down to 1 ohm which most amps are optimized for. Besides 3 subs require more power.

Okay, I think I will go with 2 x 15" Sundown X series. SA fits the budget but it just seems like the X is built a little better.

Anyone know what kind of design would be best for a box back there given my constraints?

What kind of amp(s) would I need to run the subs. Batteries? Alternator?

For now I would like to do minimal modifactions to fit door speakers so it appears 6 1/2 components up front, 6 1/2 separates in the back (should I make these components?)

I have no idea what would be a good match to this much bass.

No doubt X are more powerful subs but you will need deeper electrical upgrades, those subs will take 3.5K without any issues, most likely big 3, two batteries and a HO alternator will be necessary, do some numbers on how much all that will cost.

Quick Google

Batteries are about 369 each

Alternator will be in the 400 range

I see where this can get really pricey.

Hypothetically, would these same items be needed for the SA series? Not planning on skimping just curious.

As long as you go above around 1k rms you will need to upgrade electrical :) . Of-course for the SA series the electrical cost would be less but upgrade will still be necessary. Always keep in mind your stock alternator, cables and battery are only sufficient for your cars needs and not your bass needs :P . Back to X series business:

1. Subs : Budget less than a $1000 for both sub

2. Amp : Since it's strictly a daily system 1k rms minimum should work well for each sub. Just do a slightly bigger box than recommended if you underpowering. $500-$800

3. H/O Alt: About $400 or so. (200-270 amp alt)

4. Wiring : Around $100 also for the big 3

5. Battery: I recommend getting the biggest AGM battery that can fit infont and another battery in the back (D3100). So around $600 for both.

Ok these prices may vary but this is just a rough budget so you should be fine and thats a total of around $3000, with a $500 for extra touch ups like the box and stuff.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Could do start with one sub for 500 or less, t1500.1bdcp for 500 or less, 150 for wiring, 200 for hu, 600 for batts, 500 for alt. 60-150 to build your own box.

of course all prices are rough estimates and can be found for less such as the 1500.1, used go for 200-350. Gives you less then 3k total leaning money left over for upgrades such as a second sub, sound deadener, volt meter, dd-1, ECT ECT.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Quick Google

Batteries are about 369 each

Alternator will be in the 400 range

I see where this can get really pricey.

Hypothetically, would these same items be needed for the SA series? Not planning on skimping just curious.

A couple of SA-15s can work on a single battery, big 3 and a cheaper alt, you would need a 1.5-2K amp (definitely cheaper than a 3.5K) plus the subs themselves can be had for less than $200 each, overall much less money.

At some point you need to think how big are you going on the longer term, 2 SA-15 will get decently loud and play nice, if you listen to a lot of low tuned music really loud and want to shake everything around X will likely be more adequate.

Archived