buddy has 1 sealed which seems louder and lower than my 2 ported

And both threads are equally lame. If you haven't read any threads of sealed vs. ported, then that's on you.

You're asking a question to which there is no good answer. Two different vehicles, boxes, possibly wiring, etc. Just from a pure power standpoint, the obvious answer is that you need to add the PROPER account of power to make the subs perform as intended. In reference to the box size and you thinking it's ok. Many times a manufacturer will list specs that are the minimally acceptable in order to appeal to the widest variety of buyers. Many times, a larger enclosure works best in a lot of vehicles.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

If you have tools and can afford 50$ for wood, screws, and glue build some new boxes. I'd encourage you to test 4 cube tuned @ 37hz with a big port, like 8 or 10" round and see how that goes for just a single 13W7. I think you'll be really surprised at what it can do for you. You can even get some appropriate diameter sono tube to use for a port. Tune down to 30hz or whatever whale song tuning you think is good, then every day before you drive, cut 1" off the length of the port with utility knife and experiment with different tunings.

Some experimentation is really the best way to improve results but it takes some time invested and a bit of money.

Archived