buddy has 1 sealed which seems louder and lower than my 2 ported

my friend has 1 w7 in a sealed box on 1200 watts. his seems to hit louder and lower than my 2 in a ported box tuned at 30 hz, 4.8 cubes. both subs share the 1200 watts. so 600 to each in mine. Maybe i'm just crazy, i have my subsonic set at 30 hz, because thats the only frequency it can be set it, or it can be off. mine might be slightly louder, but i figured it would be alot louder.

Any ideas?

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

my friend has 1 w7 in a sealed box on 1200 watts. his seems to hit louder and lower than my 2 in a ported box tuned at 30 hz, 4.8 cubes. both subs share the 1200 watts. so 600 to each in mine. Maybe i'm just crazy, i have my subsonic set at 30 hz, because thats the only frequency it can be set it, or it can be off. mine might be slightly louder, but i figured it would be alot louder.

Any ideas?

nope.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

---

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

I'm not trying to impress anyone. I'm just curious. It moves a ton of air and i love that feeling. But i also like the sound of his. When people say that ported boxes will play lower, do they mean subsonic bass like 30-10 hz? or just lower bass notes are louder like 30-45 hz?

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

different vehicle, different response

edit: you can always sell the W7s and get much more cone area too.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

4 cubes is grossly inadequate for a pair of 13W7's and I'm guessing there may be other problems with your design. Vehicle acoustics can play a role as well, but if you can't get good output out of those subs on that power you're doing something terribly wrong.

its almost 5 cubes. JL recomends 2.375 each. i have more than that. the output is good, it is only at half power. its getting metered on the 16th. And i can't fit any more cone area in my car because the box already takes up the entire trunk. Anything more than 5 cubes won't fit. the box is 1'' mdf all the way around. I dont wanna lose my backseats its my work vehicle. I would have run 2 zv4s but i already don't have much room to add my second battery when the other amp comes. How is 4.8 cubes grossly inadequate? would u recommend 3 cubes each?

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Archived