Rockford fosgate Mids and highs help

4bannger

Okay well recently after returning something to bestbuy and the refusing to give me money back and only offering me store credit I'm now the disappointed owner of a large amount of store credit

So I plan on using the money to build up my "front stage" I plan on doing some door pods on the front an rear door because my wall is behind the c pillar. To put it simply I'm a newb when it come to car audio. I wanna use rockford fosgate and that's about all I know so far.

My basic concept is in the front have like two tweeters and some mid bass speakers I'm each door wen it would be cool it I could work some of their 10" shallow mount woofers in the doors too. And as for the rear I was thinking like 1 tweeter and 2 mid bass speakers in each door.

Vehicle: 04 toyota sequoia with jbl system

Sub stage: 4 e15s walled at the c pillar

Budget: $700

TL;DR

What rockford fosgate speakers should I use to make a good front stage that will keep up with my sub stage

Don't do subs in doors!!, use 8 inch mids or 6.5.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

• 3 weeks later...

I have RF old school in both of my gf's kids cars now. I have turned them on to old school. Since than I have been experimenting with Polk Audio, Infinity Reference, Eclipse components, and the RF Power Series stuff I mentioned. Each sounding better than the next respectively.

What I found was that with their respective crossovers, the Polk Audio tweeters shreak really bad. The infinity alittle less, the Eclipse were smooth, but 3/4 tweeters were alittle small. The RF's won naturally. The loudest. Now to the point of my post....When I tried the eclipse crossover, the polk audio and the infinity tweets softened up considerably and were tolerable. The same could be said about the RF's crossovers. I am currently using the RF power tweeters, and RF crossovers with the Infinity reference midwoofers due to size restriction. of the doors. I will me making pods to the 8062 6.75 midwoofer and I bet the front end will sound even better.

The point of this post is, listen to everything before you decide! Stick with RF like I did, but know it will cost you. For budget systems, I would recomend what I found out for myself yesterday. It also matters in the crossover not just the speakers you choose.

-Frank

Look at the crossovers, look for copper windings and adjustors, not just caps and resistors. The RF and Eclipse had big copper windings in their network, I believe that made the difference. The entry level stuff had alot of resistors and caps with itty bitty copper windings.

just on observation I made.

-Frank

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up some T265S and X-overs for $155 shipped off ebay. The guy had it in a competition vehicle. These will be going into my gf's daughter's Jimmy and out goes the Old skool RF x-over and Infinity midwoofer. If she thought her front stage sounded clear and clean,....can't wait til she hears the T2's!! My gf is pissed that I bought them. You know, once you go clear and clean...... you can't settle for anything less!

Ask best Buy if they can special order some T2 components. That would be my .02 cents!

-Frank

Archived