Second Skin Audio

Dodge Ram Ported Center Console Build

I took at try at your enclosure. Here is what I came up with:

Same external dimensions as you listed.

.8 cu ft internal space, which should put you pretty close to .7 after you factor in sub displacement.

17.75 sq in of port area

WinISD doesn't properly calculate port length for 3 common wall slot ports, it will tune you lower than you want. The layout I made took this into account.

Awesome man! thank you all for the information and input, is the port exit you have there still 2x8 or is that modified as well?

Any chance I can snag that .skp file from you so I can further explore?

hiSPLs I have taken that idea into consideration before but seeing as I don't already own a passive radiator I was going to attempt to build just a ported box first and go from there if dissatisfied.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

Alpine IVA-D901 7" Single DIN

Infinity 3.5" Front Tweeters

6.5" Toxik Audio SST65

5.25" Toxik Audio SST525

100W Goldwood Tweeters

Eclipse DA6213 500Wx2

Alpine MRP-M250

Good choice in sub Chad, that thing is a beast and I've thought about playing around with one or two on a T line before. Actually......you PROBABLY have room for a Transmission line in the center console area of that truck ;)

^^^T line would be killer man.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

let me get a pic of the box i did for a dodge center console, housed 2-10" tuned to 34 htz. port fired toward the rear under the rear seat.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

I love 8's and I love ported center consoles :)

Are you going to do a build log for this design?

Because I'd be tuned in for that!

The last design posted by tricticum looks much more promising than the "labrynth" that was first posted....no offence!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Awesome man! thank you all for the information and input, is the port exit you have there still 2x8 or is that modified as well?

Any chance I can snag that .skp file from you so I can further explore?

hiSPLs I have taken that idea into consideration before but seeing as I don't already own a passive radiator I was going to attempt to build just a ported box first and go from there if dissatisfied.

Sure thing, here is the file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1642665/TC%20Epic%208.skp

I increased the port height from 2" to 2-1/8".

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Awesome! Thanks Triticum, there's a reason you get paid to make boxes huh? ^_^ . I will be most likely going with your design or something very similar. Just want to get the final ideas in place before I actually start cutting to help refrain from wasting money. Lol

let me get a pic of the box i did for a dodge center console, housed 2-10" tuned to 34 htz. port fired toward the rear under the rear seat.

I'd love to see what you had dude. I originally had a 2.5 cu. ft. (2-4" Aero Ports tuned to 32 Hz) box there for a 12" Soundstream T5 but had grown tired of the "inaccuracy" that the one 12 had. Saw this woofer and had purchased it so wanted to see what I could do. Who knows in the long run I may go back with the T5 but for now I wanted to see what this little guy was capable of doing

I love 8's and I love ported center consoles :)

Are you going to do a build log for this design?

Because I'd be tuned in for that!

The last design posted by tricticum looks much more promising than the "labrynth" that was first posted....no offence!

No offense taken my dude. This is why I posted it here. I will most likely be posting a build log as I go. I have many steps before then but will be sure to keep everyone updated. Thanks for the interest and info guys, I'll be posting here as I go along.

P.S.- Would it be appropriate to just make this thread my build log? Or is there a section for that?

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

Alpine IVA-D901 7" Single DIN

Infinity 3.5" Front Tweeters

6.5" Toxik Audio SST65

5.25" Toxik Audio SST525

100W Goldwood Tweeters

Eclipse DA6213 500Wx2

Alpine MRP-M250

Probably start one in the build log section, might get more attention that the enclosure section

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Archived