Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer Recommendations

NolFrank97

Hey all, I need some opinions on some subwoofers for my system. I am looking at getting a 12" woofer and I would would prefer it to be at least 1500 watt capable. Also, preferably with 1ohm. I am currently looking at the Sundown Audio ZV4 12" and the Fi Audio BL 12". If anyone has any other suggestions, throw them at me, any and all are appreciated. Oh and one more thing, well, two more actually. First thing, the highest I can go on price is around $650. Second thing, in the future I am planning on getting the SP Audio 12" 8000 watt subwoofer, does anyone have any experience with this sub, of know much about it?

Well both the Sundown and the BL will be amazing woofers. I have had experience with both. The ZV4 though will most likely play the low end better than the BL just by nature of its design. As for the woofer you said that you plan on getting. I am going to say stay away from it. I have no personal experience, and I have never heard of the brand before, but by how gaudy it looks in the pictures and the fact that you said it is an 8000 watt woofer I highly doubt its quality and reliability.

Like I said though I have never heard of it, so I don't know.

I would like to save as much money as possible, but still have the best equipment I can for my prie tags. I still need to buy and install virtually everything (amp, sub, 2 batteries, alternator, head unit, sub box, power and speaker wires/cables, and volt meeter) so I will probably go the cheaper rout on the things I can.

I am running a Soundstream rubicon 2500 watt amp. I'm looking to have a decent amount of bass but at the same time, being able to have a lot if I want it. Could the Fi handle all of the power that the amp puts out? I know that the ZV4 is more than capable of handling almost twice that power, but the Fi is cheaper. On Fi's website, I have to ability to add things to the woofer, like a carbon fiber dust cap, a hyper pole, flat wind coil, the ability to make it a daily or an SPL, make it universal, and have an internal lead. What is the difference between a normal dust cap and a carbon fiber one? What is a hyper pole and what would it do? What are flat wind coils and what would be the advantage? Would daily or SPL be better for what I'm looking for? What does universal mean? And what is an internal lead and what would it do. Sorry for all the questions, I'm a bit of a noob with this stuff and this is my first real build and want it to be as close to perfect as I can get it.

Carbon fiber dust cap is 99.99% cosmetic

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Well both the Sundown and the BL will be amazing woofers. I have had experience with both. The ZV4 though will most likely play the low end better than the BL just by nature of its design. As for the woofer you said that you plan on getting. I am going to say stay away from it. I have no personal experience, and I have never heard of the brand before, but by how gaudy it looks in the pictures and the fact that you said it is an 8000 watt woofer I highly doubt its quality and reliability.

Like I said though I have never heard of it, so I don't know.

The SP Audio woofers are no joke, mainly foreign though.

OP, here are two more, the HDC probably being the biggest budget friendly.

Soundqubed HDC3 12

DC Level 4 m2 12

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Ok, so now the contenders are the Fi, DC, and SQ, I'm now leaning towards the SQ. but I like the Fi and DC because they are made in the US.

Incorrect, DC is ASSEMBLED in the US. Fi is truly MADE in the US.

Fi, AA, and Crossfire(?) are basically the 3 only companies that still do in house machining for their own woofers, which is why they are more expensive, but if you look at the competitive scene.... they thrive.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived