Wiring two D2 subs at one ohm possible?

I tried googling this, and searching this forum only gets you so far towards finding an answer since it finds the keywords, not what you actually searched. So here's my question.

If you have a mono block amplifier stable down to one ohm, and it has two speaker outputs on it (two positive, two negative), and you have two dual two ohm subs, could you not wire them to give the amplifier a one ohm load each? A single dual two ohm can be wired in parallel to one ohm correct? So both subs wired to one ohm individually, and connected to the amp, one to each speaker output, could that make a one ohm load on the amp? Or would that wire them in parallel making a .5 ohm load? I'm not sure how the dual speaker outputs on the mono block amp work exactly, i imagine it's parallel since you get the same output no matter which one you use or even if you were to bridge the two outputs. No difference in output for mono block. So is that a possibility, or is that still wiring them in parallel as a .5 ohm load?

That's what i figured, but felt it was better to get a second opinion. Thank you. Am i correct in saying that wiring it as such would place it in a .5 ohm load?

Here these diagrams will help any confusion.

Option 1 (parallel/parallel) = 0.5 ohm load
Voice coils wired in parallel, speakers wired in parallel
Recommended Amplifier: Stable at 1/2 ohm mono 2_2ohm_dvc_05ohm.gif
Option 2 (series/parallel) = 2 ohm load
Voice coils wired in series, speakers wired in parallel
Recommended Amplifier: Stable at 2 or 1 ohm mono 2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif
Option 3 (series) = 8 ohm load
All voice coils wired in series
Recommended Amplifier: Stable at 4, 2, or 1 ohm mono 2_2ohm_dvc_8ohm.gif

truthsayer

No, those diagrams I've seen over and over for the last five years. That's not what i asked. I asked about each sub being wired to one ohm individually, as which is possible when both voice coils on the single dual two ohm sub are wired together in parallel, and then both subs (now being wired INDIVIDUALLY at one ohm) connected INDIVIDUALLY to each speaker output on the amplifier. Those diagrams quite clearly have the subs wired together, and going to the same output from the amp. Doesn't remotely touch the question. Thank you though.

No, those diagrams I've seen over and over for the last five years. That's not what i asked. I asked about each sub being wired to one ohm individually, as which is possible when both voice coils on the single dual two ohm sub are wired together in parallel, and then both subs (now being wired INDIVIDUALLY at one ohm) connected INDIVIDUALLY to each speaker output on the amplifier. Those diagrams quite clearly have the subs wired together, and going to the same output from the amp. Doesn't remotely touch the question. Thank you though.

Its the same thing. If each sub is wired to 1 ohm and run to its own + and - on the amp, the final load the amp sees is .5. Due to the speaker channels running parallel inside the amp.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

The outputs on the amp are not two seperate channels. Think of it like a distribution block on both the positive and negative terminals. The multiple inputs/outputs are there only for ease of installation. So, yes, you would end up with a load of .5 ohms at the amp because you are wiring the two "1 ohm" subs in parallel at the amp.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Thats the type of answer i was looking for. Posting a picture that shows a different setup than that which was asked doesn't answer the question asked. I understand how the diagrams work. As stated in the question, i said i imagine that the mono block amp speaker outputs are in parallel, You must have missed that part. It was a simple question that you answered with a picture that visually depicted a different setup than what was asked about. I was unsure of the mono block dual speaker connection, but that was made clear by Orion and REVO

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :WTFBubble: I stand by my statement. If you can look at the diagram and understand, well SMH. It can;t be much simpler.

you just remove one sub from the diagram for each input. or just use one speaker connection for both subs.

truthsayer

Archived