Tm-1 and CE auto electric FTW - wiring / electrical issue

So recently as some may know I disassembled my trunk to do some finishing touches and add new amps. Well in my haste I accidently wired my CE auto electric tork2 relay kit improperly.

Tony could explain in detail what exactly was happening but I'll give it my best shot. This is a wiring lesson for anyone with a spare minute to read. (CE auto electric ftw btw)

So I installed my amps remote on my relay, no problem. It all turned on, never gave it a second thought.

A few weeks later I tried to wire fans directly off my devices power and ground that is fed from my amplifiers power and ground inputs. (Fused of course) with out the fans I'd hold proper voltage on my vm1 14.0 (14.2 hot charging on a DMM) but as soon as I plugged my fans in my tm1 would read 13.7...but the fans would work fine

So I think, with enough electrical to support 5k easily, why the hell are fans giving more voltage drop then both my amps at 60% volume. So I go to start investigating.

At first I thought it was some bad quality quick male/female disconnects I used. So I wired the fans directly to my rear battery. Bam, they came on like a hurricane and I was like, cool... Issue solved.

Wired them to my relay and called it a done deal. Tested the fans afterwards, and they worked. So tired and hungry I went inside.

The next morning I start my car, I'm delighted to hear my fans HUMM though the echo of my empty box (subs were out) and as I go to turn up the headunit so I can listen to music on the way to work. NOTHING.

I start freaking out. I checked for loose wires, loose RCA's. I had power at the amps, I didn't understand. So I call tony. He starts running me through the check lists of stuff, having me take readings on certain points using my DMM with the fans on/off ect.

The fans were blowing soft, and my multi meter was reading 6v at the relay! Could I have a bad relay? Tony was baffled. He has me bypass the relay by wiring the bigger remote wire directly to the + on my battery.

BAM. fans blow hard, everything reads 14v....and tony being the awesome guy he is begins the process of sending me a brand new relay.

But first he sakes me to read off exactly how I have everything wired on the tork2 strip.

Long story short, I wired the remote turn on from my headunit to the receiving part of the remote turn on for the strip. So the relay wasn't even functioning and my headunit was powering my fans and all accessories. I switch the wires correctly according to Tonys directions and TADA. everything works as advertised.

From states away tony helps me find my own hasty wiring issue over the phone and with out my vm1 to help me find the weird draw, and Tonys help to fix the draw, I'd still be scratching my head.

Thanks for reading guys. Great companies mentioned above, be sure to check them out!

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

• 2 weeks later...