Jchristian30 Posted August 12, 2014 Report Posted August 12, 2014 I'm wanting to build a new subwoofer encloser for 2 10s. I want to reach the max output of them but don't have a lot of space. So the question is. I can either build my box to the max sealed or .3 cubes bigger than the min. Ported. What would be the best??
Joe X Posted August 12, 2014 Report Posted August 12, 2014 Abstract questions lead to bad answers, post the max dims of for a box you have, the vehicle model and the model of the subs.
Jchristian30 Posted August 12, 2014 Author Report Posted August 12, 2014 55" long 14" tall top depth is 5" and bottom is 8.5 I have 2 pioneer ts-w254r. If I go ported I'm using aero ports. Outside the box. After displacement of subs I got around 2 cubic feet and for ported they require atleast 1.8 cubes
Jchristian30 Posted August 12, 2014 Author Report Posted August 12, 2014 And I have a 2005 silverado regular cab
hoit Posted August 12, 2014 Report Posted August 12, 2014 i'd put them in a sealed enclosure right at .9 cu. ft. per sub, and give them a descent amount of polyfill. power them at around 275 watts rms. under the seats even! what kind of music do you listen to most? when space really isn't an option, a small sealed box with descent rated power for the subs should work well. in my opinion. 2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan 2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm 2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank Singer 220 amp alt
CleanSierra Posted August 12, 2014 Report Posted August 12, 2014 i'd put them in a sealed enclosure right at .9 cu. ft. per sub, and give them a descent amount of polyfill. power them at around 275 watts rms. under the seats even! what kind of music do you listen to most? when space really isn't an option, a small sealed box with descent rated power for the subs should work well. in my opinion. You can't fit an enclosure under The seat of a regular cab Chevy/GMC full-size, I own one. JChristian, build a sealed box with the cut out for the center console to fold down. Until you're ready to remove the center console and get a real box for a couple of ported 10s or 12s, that's your only option. You can do a box for a single beast 10" sub, ported with a round or aero port to the passenger B-pillar. This enclosure type sounds the best and loudest in our trucks. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
TheLeeStrikes Posted August 14, 2014 Report Posted August 14, 2014 pioneer subs work pretty good on sealed boxes so if you are lacking space id go for sealed box
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.