rsfm089 Posted August 13, 2014 Report Posted August 13, 2014 We'll I can't fit two hdc3's in my trunk so I want to build a box for my back set. It's a 96 honda civic ex two hdc3's powered by an aq2200. L48 w18 h19. I would like to be tuned to around 35hz. I'm thinking subs up port up would be best unless someone else can fill me in on what would be better. Subs up port to the front? Really hope I can get the box done this weekend
OrionStang Posted August 13, 2014 Report Posted August 13, 2014 The only way that works is if the trunk is completely isolated. Just wall it. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
rsfm089 Posted August 13, 2014 Author Report Posted August 13, 2014 I am totally confused right now I can easily isolate my turnk
OrionStang Posted August 13, 2014 Report Posted August 13, 2014 A box in the back seat is likely going to sound like ass. Unless you can seal off the trunk well enough so the system thinks its not even there. That means removing body panels and rear deck cover and covering every little hole and opening you find. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
jonathancullen89 Posted August 13, 2014 Report Posted August 13, 2014 what size are the subs? if 12's you should be able to fit it. i put two 12's in trunk firing forward in a 94 ex. did two seperate boxes. both boxes together were 33 inches wide, 18"tall and 20 inches deep. did two slot ported boxes with ports in the center. when doing this its critical to seal off rear of trunk so everything is firing forward. i was quite surprised by the outcome. sounded good. i had 8 cans of expanda foam in the trunk. 1992 cavalier build 1992 blazer s10 kenwood cd hifonics hfi2500d 6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's shit ton-o-wire Blurred Vision Audio Team SMD feedback/refs. clicky!-
rsfm089 Posted August 13, 2014 Author Report Posted August 13, 2014 I would love to wall my car but I have to recone a couple sub's get better electrical and shocks I don't have the money for all of that right now. What I do have is: 1 hdc3 12 d2, 2 hdc3 12's d1's, 1 hdc3 15 d1 and 2 aq2200's the wall will come it will just take time
rsfm089 Posted August 13, 2014 Author Report Posted August 13, 2014 what size are the subs? if 12's you should be able to fit it. i put two 12's in trunk firing forward in a 94 ex. did two seperate boxes. both boxes together were 33 inches wide, 18"tall and 20 inches deep. did two slot ported boxes with ports in the center. when doing this its critical to seal off rear of trunk so everything is firing forward. i was quite surprised by the outcome. sounded good. i had 8 cans of expanda foam in the trunk. Idk if we posted at the same time but as u can see one sub takes up almost all of my trunk
jonathancullen89 Posted August 13, 2014 Report Posted August 13, 2014 trying to post pics but im on a pos laptop and its taking forever.... its possible with enough time and patience. mine had a little more then 2 cu^ft each. 1992 cavalier build 1992 blazer s10 kenwood cd hifonics hfi2500d 6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's shit ton-o-wire Blurred Vision Audio Team SMD feedback/refs. clicky!-
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.