Solved Can be Locked -Signal processor? Crossover? Not sure what I need to use.

Ok guys so I have a plan on how I want to add extra audio to my car. But to the bane of our (bassheads) existence it has the premium factory system. Which wouldn't be a problem but, the radio in my car controls (this is all I know of) radio, clock, driver information center, boost gauge, oil monitoring system, odometer, tpms, door chime, and remote start. Yes there is a bypass harness but its like 250 from what I have seen.

So what I am wanting looking for is something that would accept the high level signal from the factory radio so I can retain all functionality but be selectable that whem I want to listen to music on my phone (or tablet) I just change the input from high level to low level. Does such a signal processor exist?

I guess what I am looking for is a signal processor with a selectable input. Because that way I can send the signal to aftermarket amps.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Any help? This is one aspect of audio I kniw nothing about

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Couple of options depending on your budget. A 2 channel LOC will sort you if all you want is to add bass. A 6 channel LOC would let you add high/mid amps as well. A big daddy processor like Rockford Fosgate 360.3 would also cover you.

What exactly is your end goal and budget?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

End goal is functional for the cost it has to be. An LOC only solves part of my problem. I need to be able to select between two different inputs on the processor. Does the 360.3 allow you to switch between inputs?

Edit: And before any smart ass answers I mean with like a switch or something not by manually plugging and unplugging the rcas lol

Rockford Fosgate 360.3 and JL Cleansweep come to mind. May be other less expensive options.

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Don't believe that has an Aux in.

Build Thread

Don't believe that has an Aux in.

Nope...because it's not a processor, but you can use it in conjunction with one, this gives him the option to switch back and forth btw high and low level which he was looking for...

Archived