?front stage for planning?

alaskanzx5

I know that no one can really answer this. Just looking for opinions.

Sub stage will be 2 t2 15, eventually upgraded to 2 sundown x series 15. Powered by 2 t1500.1bdcp at 2ohms untill they give the replaced with the x15 @1ohm. Substage will be tuned in the 33-35hz area in a 6.5-7cuft box 80-120" of port.

For the front soundstage I was going to do punch pro but that changed she the tweets gave out for some odd reason (clean power under rms).

I've decided since then I'm going with the t4 components. Very small difference in the tweet and mid compared to the t5, and it uses the t3 xover. Xover is pointless to me ill be running active with the 80prs.

My idea is 2 sets of t4 but only use 1 tweet per door and 2 mids per door. I'm sure my mid bass will keep up but highs is where I'm worried. But I don't want them over powering.

Now I know most if you are thinking run all 4 tweets and eq them with the 80prs to get a better balanced system. I just like the idea of 2 mids and 1 tweet per door. I can try one then add the second if its not working out.

Just looking for opinions on the idea.

Other idea is one set of t4 comps and a 8" midbass (thinking shallow mount sub maybe) but then if my highs aren't keeping up I wont have an extra set of tweets to add in.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Yeah I don't see having an issue with hearing the tweets.

Its more of reassurance that it will be money well spent. Don't want to drop over $1500 into my front sound stage and it not be up to par with the sub stage.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I've heard the t3 and love those. I'll be getting a demo of the t5 sometime soon, just waiting on the guy to have time.

Besides the t3s I heard I didn't like any thing else I've heard. If i don't do the t4 then I'm doing t3. From what I've read on the t4 and rf tech has said I'll pretty much get the same sound out of them as the t5 with a small difference in the accuracy of the reproduction of music. Such a small difference that it will be almost unnoticeable specially since I am gong to be running so much for the sub stage.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Placement of that tweet will be key. Even if you have to place it low on the A pillar. If you're really stuck on the door, tuning, tuning, tuning to get that stage Up and centered. Randal would have some really good input on this, among others.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Was already thinking pillar for the tweet.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Front doors are deadened and ill be using closed cell foam. All I have left to deaden is the hatch area (hatch door is done) rear doors, back half of roof, and the floor. Closed cell foam will be used all around.

Not going for sq but I still want it to sound good. Building more towards a daily groundpounder the anything. I'm sure 15s on 2 t1500.1bdcp will get me what I want.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived