Sundown Audio

Massive Audio D Block amps.

Nocturnus

Any good? Was chatting with one of their distribtors and can get these at a steal. Was looking at the D3600. I've found a few posts here and there. They seem decent enough.

Just weighing options before I go buy the SoundQubed amps.,

yea I was just looking at one of their monoblocks. Have heard good things but have no idea because I have never heard or tested them and don't know anyone with them installed.

Hah! dude on Sonicelectronix that was talking about the amp in a review said it was SMD approved...now to just find the post. Apparently Massive Audio is a US Amps spin off or subsidiary.

US Amps? Really? I loved em back in the day. I read somewhere that the output is over rated. There is a thread here somewhere about the D8000 with amp gut pics. It doesn't look too shabby.

yea not sure about US amps current situation...I am guessing its chinese engineered and built. I am hoping however they are US engineered/Chinese built like most of the products that are decent coming out these days. I am HOPING thats true.

Theres a US Amps xterminator amp that would fit the bill perfect for my build but have no idea...Maybe I an nominate it for the SMD dyno.

not sure about that us amps thing but if so id steer clear. I believe they are rated at .5

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

manual states 150 amps of fusing. says 1800rms at 1 ohm. model number says 3600w.

get soundqubed. i dont trust amps that have the "max" power rating in the model number.

not sure about that us amps thing but if so id steer clear. I believe they are rated at .5

well...this is the only official thing that I have found. US Amps has a subsidiary which is RE Audio.

http://reaudio.com/info/aboutus.php

"US Amps (parent company of RE Audio) has been, for over 25 years, well known for offering the most powerful

and reliable amplifiers for Sound-off competitions, serious ground pounding as well as audiophile quality systems. We, now as RE Audio, still Make classic, stripped down, contest busting “Competition” amplifiers. In addition we offer a complete line of Subwoofers and full featured products like separate component and coaxial speaker

systems that bring the unforgettable US Amps/RE Audio experience to YOUR ears!

For over 2 decades, US Amps has defined the standard of amplifier quality and power. Through these years,

some of the best systems were built on the rock solid reputation of US Amps. Now all amplifiers are still designed and engineered in our factory by US Amps’ founder and still Chief Engineer, Dirk Ecker.

US Amps’ amplifiers always desired to be paired with woofers and speaker systems that sound the best, play the loudest and are most reliable Hard to find? Not anymore! We at US Amps/RE Audio decided it’s best to design and manufacture our own subwoofers.

Late in 2005, while US Amps had been in the process of developing its own line of Subwoofers, a speaker

manufacture in Henderson Nevada called Resonant Engineering came up for sale. Resonant Engineering had the reputation, machinery and people already in place. So US Amps jumped at the chance to purchase the

company. In 2006, The Resonant Engineering name was changed to RE Audio. All the machinery, parts and people were moved into our California facility. We are now proud that the majority (over 28 models) of all

subwoofers are manufactured by hand in our California facility, (MADE IN THE U.S.A.).

On or around the same time, all amplifiers under the US Amps brand name had been changed to the name

“RE Audio” for the ease of marketing and selling a single brand over that of two. We now operate under one roof and one name.

RE Audio’s staff is comprised of experienced engineers, designers and builders of recording studios and Dance Halls, seasoned musicians, ex-retailers and installers of car audio and home theater products. We know what the sound of music should be like and what sound reproduction is all about.

RE Audio will meet all your needs in regards to looks, performance and cost. We will provide you with genuine power and accurately reproduced sound. We offer low frequency woofers capable of producing brutally low and loud frequencies and startlingly accurate sounding components for SQ or Competitions.

No other company offers a wider range of high quality purpose- designed products as we do. Take a listen! You will not be disappointed!"

Annnnnnd that doesn't mean that their amplifiers are made here. Just the subs if you read between the lines and not ALL the subs. Also I can't find a lot of info on US Amps or Massive....sooo

its a crap shoot...I am going off of fuse rating. If a amp says it can push 1000 watts (peak) and it has ONE 25amp fuse. I am calling bullshit. But...it says it has a 60amp...so I am guessing the peak rating is a burst and is still bs...and I guess a rule of thumb could be a 10amp fuse rating for every 100 watts?? Not sure if thats good electrical theory.

So yea...still doing research. I am leaning more and more to Rockford because theres a lot of data on them on here. Rather spend 250$ for something worthwhile then 190$ for something I have NO idea whether its decent. Although I would like to see a couple of these newer companies back up their power ratings. Credibility is everything these days, under-rate your power figures and give RMS not peak and it would do wonders.

Isn't that what Soundqubed does? their Q1-2200D. Isn't 2200w their max? PPI, SoundStream and many other quality amps did their naming scheme like that back in the day. I ran one of the new SS REF1.1000's and it was a beast.

manual states 150 amps of fusing. says 1800rms at 1 ohm. model number says 3600w.

get soundqubed. i dont trust amps that have the "max" power rating in the model number.

Archived