• 1 month later...

Nice man!! I just got my 04' crew cab 4 seat conversion finished about a month ago..although I used two third row seats out of a denli and just built brackets for them..makes it nice because I can clip them in and out fold them down up and out in like 10 seconds...which is nice for all the shiz I got in it haha! But looking forward to the updates...you doing any sound deadener in the doors?

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Tuned in! Love the truck! Wish I could stuff some 40's on my Burb, hell I'd settle for 37's. but the 35's already scrub.LOL (RCX 6" lift)

01 Suburban Z71 - 5.3L - Black - 6" Lift on 35's - Pioneer H/U - Kicker Mids, 8" Polk sub.

Past rides-

07 Avalanche - Sunburst Orange - 4/6 Drop - Pioneer AVH-X5600 - 2/0 Royal Excelene - T/M fuse blocks - Stock and Singer 350 Alts - 4 Kinetik 1800 - Crecsendo BC5500 & S800.4 amps - 2 Tantric HDD 18's.- RE XXX 6.5 comps

01 Grand Vitara - V6 - 4x4 - Pioneer H/U - Incriminator 6.5 Comps - SSA XCON 18 - Skar 1500.1 & 84.4 amps - Singer 160 Alternator - Optima Yellow top..

Tuned in! Love the truck! Wish I could stuff some 40's on my Burb, hell I'd settle for 37's. but the 35's already scrub.LOL (RCX 6" lift)

Look into a body lift, cutout fender flares, and spaced out wheels!

Another update, got the rear drivers side door complete with the coax and the deadener in. Yes I understand a lot of people block the holes off, but I don't feel like wasting the deadener to do so (ruining it if I need to work in the door, etc)

image-17.jpg

Nice 100% coverage! I like it, tuned in for more!

Yeah I figure I might as well go all the way with it!

And update, no pics yet today (739AM here, been here all night) but the other 3 doors are stripped and are currently getting cleaned up. I'll post later on with more progress....

Man this deadening takes a bit of time. Doesn't help that the moron that use to own the truck before I got my mitts on it decided he would duct tape the plastic on the front doors (as well as the acoustical seal) and the only way it's coming off is with a razor blade.

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

All the speakers and wiring is done to the doors. The tweeters for the front (a pillars) are glued from the back side to hold them in (as well as the rings, and having to cut part of the plastic cups off to clear the pillars)

image-18.jpg

image-19.jpg

Also got my dual batteries in (along with the secondary tray). Just need to get the terminals to wire them together. The wiring for the amps is also run!

image-20.jpg

Yeah I know my engine bay is dirty right now. Bite me :P

Archived