Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Two kicker L5 15's looking to upgrade! but to what?


tbeats

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so I have two kicker zx1000.1's powering the two L5 15's now in a 12 ft cubic ported enclosure tuned to 33Hz . Way to much power for L5's . I really would like to get full benefit from the amps. Should I just replace with L7's? Would I be able to hear a noticeable difference if i did. Really hate to change boxes but I guess im open to change .. subs wanting to stay in a under a $600 price range total. I can get two L7 15's for $ 539 or so.

Posted

Engage your subsonic filters to max (believe is 25 Hz) and see if they improve, if not L7s may be an improvement but there are other subs, in the space you have you could place 2 18" subs, very likely you will get even some more out of them.

Posted

I was about to suggest that 12 cubes is a bit small for a pair of 18's, but whatever. L7 won't be a major upgrade over L5's. Are you opposed to buying used? Do you have the ability to modify the box for round holes? To build a new box? Pics of the box? Do you have enough electrical to properly feed those amps?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4297 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...