Second Skin Audio

6th order single 12

rooles

What's your goal? Music or just SPL. I've heard it said 6th order band pass boxes tend to be very pesky in a narrow range, though other disagree.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

couple things i learned when i built mine for a single type r 12...

rear chamber size: go by normal ported box size. i went a little on the small side and i can tell it needs to be bigger . im at 1.27 cubes and it needs to be 1.75 ish

im running 19.5 sqin port on the rear chamber and ive been told a 4" aero would have been plenty.

front chamber is about 1.7 cubes and its too small. definately shoot for a 1.5:1 or 2:1 ratio.

and for port area on the front chamber...run at least half the total amount of cone area. im running half my cone area and it could use some more. 18-22sqin port per cube.

I'm wanting to try out a 6th order box for my single 12 inch soundqubed hds312. It will be put in a 2006 Nissan altima. Any suggestions? It is a 1200 rms sub

best suggestion is unless you really know your jazz about box building, go with a different enclosure.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Generally people use 1cbft sealed on 12s but if you're in the .8-1.2cbft range you should be good. The bigger the sealed side the lower it plays. As for the ported side it's really whatever you want it to be. Bigger sealed side will peak louder but you'll fall off harder on the high and low ends. Smaller ported side and it'll be a more rounded response, not peaking as loudly, but not falling off as hard on the high and low end giving you a wider range. Port area, aim for half cone area if you can but might have a hard time getting the tuning you want with much port area in a box that size so get the most you can while getting the tuning you want and keeping the port length around 6-8 max. And remember the tuning is you high end cut off so don't tune it too low or else it can hurt you bandwidth and efficiency.

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived