Second Skin Audio

I know the general rules bounce between 12-16 square inches per cubic ft. My problem is an enclosure someone is wanting me to build is 3.5 cubic feet before adding displacements. And my problems lies is the way it would have to be built i cannot get over 30 or so maybe only high 20's in the square inch department. Would i be able to hear a lot of port noise from this?

Possibly, what subs/size are you using? How much power?

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

4 DD 1508's and around 3-4000 watts. I'll have know problem building the box, but port area is struggle for the space i have to work with. If all else fails i may be able to do a little different set up with the face of the box. I'd say with that much power it just ain't gonna work the way it is right now.

using this for daily?

if so its wayyyyyy to much power.

As far as the box, each woofer needs to see .75cuft after displacment, with 20sqin each.

what kind of car??

do u have a drawing of what your looking for in a box?

what amp?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Well daily they probably won't see that much, but if they did see the 3000, then whats wrong with that? The rms of them is 750, and he'll be running 4 of them. The car is a honda del sol that has been cut. The max outside dimensions i can go for the face of the box is 11 by 35 3/4. Depth around 25, but no more than 28.

facenew2.jpg

facenew1.jpg

Edited by banginsebring07

the rms is 450 dont know where you got 750.

they will fit touching across the 35 3/4 face.

That will leave 1.5 x 33 prob just enough vent area for them.

at 550 rms you can the the coils really hot fast.

i recommend 400-450 rms of clean power.

tuned to 37hz

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

they will fit touching across the 35 3/4 face.

That will leave 1.5 x 33 prob just enough vent area for them.

i recommend 400-450 rms of clean power.

tuned to 37hz

agreed!

.....but i would tune it around 40 or 41 so port length doesnt eat up too much airspace and because they are 8's.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

ok, sorry about the power. My brain misfired somewhere between the info for them and this site. Also talked to the boy that has them. We are going to wire them up to a little higher load on the amp. Last box i figured, i went with 38hz tuning. Thanks for the input and putting up with me. lol If it don't rain this weekend i'll hopefully start on it. If i do i'll try to get up some pics.

agreed!

.....but i would tune it around 40 or 41 so port length doesnt eat up too much airspace and because they are 8's.

Them being 8's has nothing to do with how low they will play, sorry but these guys get fuggin down.

Now because the fs is up there and they are as stiff as they are I woul;dn't go down to 32-33hz but 37-38 no prob,.

I first 2 boxes I built for mine were 40 and 34. they sounded the best right inbetween.

best 8" Ive ever heard.

Thats good to know. I was laughing when the guy at the shop he bought them at told him to tune the box around 50 or 60. The first words out of my mouth to him were something along the lines of that ain't gonna happen. Of course this is the same guy that told me to tune some old memphis subs i picked up from them to 45-50 and they wouldn't play down in the 30's.