Second Skin Audio

1st time 4th order help! advice welcome!

goodvibez

Hey guys doing some research and development on fourth orders and I have a boston spg555 2ohm sub lying around I want to do a build using two of them but I figure I'll do a box for one to gain some knowledge on before building the final box

I have a pretty good knowledge on how they work but would love some advice before I go out and start box building.

Im building this box so its easy to work on and make changes to

I know not everyone agree's with using ratios but its going to make it easy for me so I am going with a 3:1 and the ported chamber will be @ 45hz

sealed chamber will be at .75cu.ft and the ported will be at 2.25cuft....sub will be firing into the sealed section

using 2 tube ports 4"diameter by 10.6" long

box dimensions will be 15x15x30.25

Again any advice help will be greatly appreciated...

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

So been thinking some more about changing the sealed chamber to 1 cube and making this a 1:2.25 ratio and with the sub in the ported section it would be closer to a 1:2

Want this box to be an all around music player

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

That's one hell of a sub to just be "lying around" hahaha. 1.5net sealed and that thing is really musical for what it is. Blends in very good and makes your front stage mids sound really good. The bass is very transparent on this woofer and gives the illusion of the bass coming from the front speakers and not from the trunk.

Yeah I've enjoyed them...my other spg needs a new cone but for now I'm going to try this one out in a fourth...I've heard they can do great in one.

Are you saying to make my sealed section 1.5cu.ft net? Or just in general the sub will do well sealed in that size box?

Ok, I enjoyed this sub in a ported box I've done it in multiple and thought they all were plenty loud and clean...too bad Boston got rid of the car audio they made some good stuff

But again if anybody has any ideas or suggestions that would be great!

No matter what you do that sub will sound like crap you should just sell it to me.

:peepwall:

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Haha sorry man they both have an owner!

so just seeing if anyone else has some knowledge for me?

Well still checking if anyone has any suggestions or sees that Im doing it totally wrong

Archived