Second Skin Audio

Box design help one RF T2D2 12"

Orfeous

To be honest i dont think i will notice any difference a box that is tuned to 40 or 36Hz :)
To stop being lost i think i stay with the rockford manuals recommended box.. if it will fit ofcourse :)
I think i will be satisfied anyways :)

All I did was give you a length of a 4'' port.

Though, I'd agree with saying you need more port area.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

i have not run the numbers myself, but, i am willing to bet that the port velocity on the box joex suggested will be quite a bit lower. Ideally (and i have no clue why manufactures routinely go above this) you want to keep your port velocity below say 60feet / second. Anything above that and the port will have the propensity to become rather noisy.

A single 4" wont work, instead 3 3" is what RF recommends.

So here's something to work with if you really want round ports, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3":

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

1t212cut.jpg

1t212.jpg

Can i do like this with the ports?

Imo 40"-45" of port area for that speaker. I had 2 of them in a box that was 4cuft with just over 80" of port area, Tuned to 38-39hz. Sounded good and got loud. Wish I would have tuned it lower because I just simply like the lows. Also built the box RF recommends in the manual for one of them. Sounded good but with a little effort you can build a better box then that. If you like lows go with a slightly bigger box and lower tuning. Most seem to like 35hz for a happy medium.

Anyways 2-2.25cuft with 40"ish of port area did well for me.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

1t212.jpg

Can i do like this with the ports?

Yes you can, it can either be sub front port sideways or sub back port sideways, port and sub in the same face can also be done if can/willing to fit something like the following:

image.jpg

t2pic.jpg

Surely a slot port would be more practical, as pointed out above around 40 square inches of port area and also would work very well also.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have the latest version of the sub you may follow their directives, 3x3" would work better likely but it's harder to do 3 holes no doubt, if you decide for the single 4" better order a PSP Inc flared port not just PVC.

I'm really glad that you all help me with this! I'm just a confused newbie :)

Yes, i have the latest version of the sub, their recommendation was like in the picture i posted from their boxadvisor:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/Support/rftech.aspx?type=rectangle&units=standard&wood=.75&method=external&height1=16.5&width=22.25&depth1=14#boxadvisor

That tells you now that 4" port is recommended and also with a little lower tuning 36Hz

I want to use 22mm instead of that 18mm that was used in the newest updated box design.

I can add 4mm to those dimension ofcourse. But i have also read in another PDF-file that those woofers displacement has been updated.

For T2D2 12" manual says: 4.28 liters and this updated info says 5 liters :)

Link for info: http://rftech.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1176

Yeah, i always use those flared ends for my boxes!

But kinda want to use it on the front. But maybe i must adjust the box depth to get more clearance for the port?

My english isnt the best but hope people can understand :)

Archived