Second Skin Audio

Box design help one RF T2D2 12"

Orfeous

You can also look on their website and see that their aero port no design at a smaller net volume, lower tuning, and smaller port area gave them a higher db if I remember right.

Just figured id throw that out there.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

You can also look on their website and see that their aero port no design at a smaller net volume, lower tuning, and smaller port area gave them a higher db if I remember right.

Just figured id throw that out there.

Can you please explain what you meant with that?

I also wonder why those parameters are different between owners manual and on their webpage?

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/Support/rftech.aspx?type=rectangle&units=standard&wood=.75&method=external&height1=16.5&width=22.25&depth1=14#boxadvisor

Look at the bottom of the page and and compare with woofers manual.. slightly different numbers like FS, VAS...

I might try build that box and see how it works out :)
the port will be on the side because its only gonna fit there.

i have read on rockford fosgates support page that its ok to put the port on another side rather than the same as the woofer as long as
you put all ports on the same side.

i wonder if the box volume on the link i posted is correct since they said that they have measured the woofers displacement in another way..
so its now 5L instead of 4.28L

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rnt/rnw/docs/1176/1220-59308-01_SubDisplace-ADV.pdf

I'd use the stats on the manual you can download on their webpage.

Should be the most up to date.

Google search Rockford fosgate r.a.t.s.

They did in car testing of their subwoofers un their suggested boxes. It was done in severs different types of cars.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

They are using the Klippel method now (which is performance based), Xmax 10 = 22.32mm, it means excursion at which you get 10% THD, unless you don't mind 10% THD just take 19mm as the good number.

Im sorry for talking about this stupid box..

Just unsure what will be the best.

Im little restricted in box height. Have about 40-42cm to use

Because of trunk opening is kinda small/short

Thinking of maybe the first design is the best in this case with the 3x3" round ports with box tune at 40Hz

But that feels a little high for me. I was thinking of 34-36Hz

1128.jpg

1140.jpg

Im sorry for talking about this stupid box..

Just unsure what will be the best.

Im little restricted in box height. Have about 40-42cm to use

Because of trunk opening is kinda small/short

Thinking of maybe the first design is the best in this case with the 3x3" round ports with box tune at 40Hz

But that feels a little high for me. I was thinking of 34-36Hz1128.jpg1140.jpg

trail and error bro trail and error... im looking atsome of the suggestions made for your 12 and rethinking how im gonna rebuild my next box for my now 6 t2 12s .I did do 4 t2 12s @ 37hz 10 cubes with 120 of port area not to bad very punchy loud bass. The set up didn't hit the low like I would have prefer so next box will be tuned lower and box larger.

Archived