Sonic Electronix

I dont see where the note says to use less power? It just says enclosure size changes your low frequency output, which is true.

The minimum enclosure volumes listed have a maximum 750w, but that is only one of the enclosures. You can build smaller or larger, and realistically the subs can handle more power fine as long as you're careful not to clip them. I've run 1000w+ into my old L5 and L7 10's anyways.

Prefabs suck by the way.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

just so you know.. kicker l7 are rated 750 rms in a ported box.. get dual 4 ohms and get a saz1500

if you already have the subs then get a kicker amp that is rated at 2 ohms.. zx1500

I dont see where the note says to use less power? It just says enclosure size changes your low frequency output, which is true.

The minimum enclosure volumes listed have a maximum 750w, but that is only one of the enclosures. You can build smaller or larger, and realistically the subs can handle more power fine as long as you're careful not to clip them. I've run 1000w+ into my old L5 and L7 10's anyways.

Prefabs suck by the way.

building a smaller only takes away from the efficiency you also wont get the low lows.. i say build a big box to keep efficiency and be able to dig low

edit: before you talk smack.. i had kicker subs before.. had an l7 on a 3.5 cft box on a brz2400 at 2 ohms and never got low lows.. i ditched the 3.5 cft box went bigger 5.5 cft and was hitting the lows and sounded much cleaner

Prefabs suck by the way.

It also states the same wattage for the maximum enclosure!

just so you know.. kicker l7 are rated 750 rms in a ported box.. get dual 4 ohms and get a saz1500

if you already have the subs then get a kicker amp that is rated at 2 ohms.. zx1500

i really wish i could understand why it is some people can not seem to grasp this. Especially when it is so clearly stated irregardless of enclosure volume when going ported with this specific make and model of woofer.

Prefabs suck by the way.

It also states the same wattage for the maximum enclosure!

I would bet the reasoning is that people (and most large chain audio shops) tend to not tune the low frequency cut-off properly. Smaller boxes increase power handling, but you're right, a big box doesnt handle less power when its built right.

The only problem here is we're dealing with a prefab. How will the subs be loaded? Where is the port? Is cone control going to be way off due to a single port to the side? Given all the unknowns I would err on the side of lower power.. but then will the installer (op) be more likely to turn the gain too far and clip the subs to death..?

:I

EDIT - and by reasoning I am assuming that kicker isnt just throwing out a totally false number, in which case the 1000w rating using a sealed enclosure would be equally invalid. Usually ratings by semi-respected companies are usable, but maybe i'm wrong and just lucky that all my old kicker stuff didnt get destroyed by my abuse with sometimes over twice the rated power.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived