Sonic Electronix

Lots of win here so far.

With your budget I would recommend Crescendo BC2000 @.5ohm

Only cause I run that everyday but not on kicker subs

http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/crescendo-audio-bc2000d/

I noticed your first post says your are thinking about getting kicker subs,

please look around here some and reconsider.

But if you get them, awesome, you should take pics the whole way and make a build log thread on here for us to see

just to put this aspect of this to bed.

i see someone found what they wanted to read on the page i have a shot of below. sadly, 1.5" away from where he copied what he did, low and behold....lmfao

now, can you read what it says for power handling under box recommendations?

OP:

i am sorry that i felt the need to straighten someone else out on your thread here. I just want to help you make sure that the choices you make do not end up causing you problems.

kick_zps4b6c6ad4.jpg

I knew that looked a little familiar lol. Exactly the same manual for the L5 15 (For the Vented Enclosure). I wonder if that's why they discontinued the L5's since they were practically the same model just the L7 had a larger motor..

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

i see someone found what they wanted to read on the page i have a shot of below. sadly, 1.5" away from where he copied what he did, low and behold....lmfao

OP:

i am sorry that i felt the need to straighten someone else out on your thread here. I just want to help you make sure that the choices you make do not end up causing you problems.

kick_zps4b6c6ad4.jpg

No sht Sherlock notice the : sign and the word NOTE...

GassenD

I think its more a business thing to be honest.

More profitable to keep 1 or 2 lines that are selling well and ditch those that aren't moving quite as much volume in terms of sales.

It helps free up some cash that they can use for r&d or various other projects.

GassenD

I think its more a business thing to be honest.

More profitable to keep 1 or 2 lines that are selling well and ditch those that aren't moving quite as much volume in terms of sales.

It helps free up some cash that they can use for r&d or various other projects.

Makes sense, especially that close in comparison.. I liked my L5 got loud, but definitely wasn't pretty..

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

OP:

kick_zps4b6c6ad4.jpg

No sht Sherlock notice the : sign and the word NOTE...

yes, i can see that

I find it sad that you don't seem to be able to read the power recommendation.

There is a reason that the manufacture of this product tells you to run less than rated power when using their product in a ported enclosure.

now, if you chose to go against those recommendations with your own equipment, that's your choice. Nobody will really want to hear about it when you cook your subs because you didn't listen.

I think its pretty shameful of you to recommend someone go significantly higher that what the manufacture suggests in a given enclosure knowing full well what will likely happen in this particular case.

Anyway, I have said all the more i need to here. think and say what you like. In this case going over 750 wrms will probably cause damage, and that's why Kicker clearly states 750 watts in a ported enclosure

I'm pretty sure the NOTE on that same page you took a screen shot states otherwise....that's why I said a 2k @ 2 ohms or 1500 @ 2 ohms for the 2 subs since 1 15L7 is rated 1000watt rms..but since you know it all...you go on ahead and keep bashing me on here lol....

Archived