Paramax = SCAM

It should be a RED FLAG when their website comes back to nothing, and when you google paramax audio it comes back with nothing but scams, and ripoff reports.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-R-Theater-Research-Inc-Paramax-Audio/Huntington-Beach-California-92648/T-R-Theater-Research-Inc-Paramax-Audio-Self-proclaimed-expensive-audio-equipment-selling-o-457940

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/t.mpl?f=general&m=541805

This guy got his p-510 for $50 he claims

http://home-theater-system-s.blogspot.com/2012/01/paramax-p-509-sound-system.html

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/68636-latest-scam-beware-paramax-p-510-home-theatre-system.html

Well some people are happy with this setup, but many have flagged the selling practices as a scam. They sell them out of the back of a van claiming the system is worth $3100 to $5200 . but you can buy them for $120-$250

http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/2i7u8-just-given-paramax-p510-want-know-good.html

Ahh SHIT!

Oh man, once I seen "Ahh SHIT!" I couldn't breath I was laughing so hard.

Only becuase I kind of got screwed like this also. Just not as much. This guys that was in one of my college classes was always selling G-shock watches, and since I had a few (real ones) already I figured why not get me another since he's selling them so much cheaper than what I originally paid for my other ones. Bought it for $50, once I got home I looked it up to see how much it was actually worth and all I read was "Fake, Scam, Don't Buy" so I looked into it and noticed the "G-Shock" button on the front wasn't actually a button, the 2 side buttons weren't actually buttons, and all the "features" it was supposed to have weren't there.. But It still tells time so what the hell..

But the Invoices & HTiB brochures, oh man they sure got me. Got me bad!

I mean atleast you paid the much lower than original... Would have been way worse if you paid the $1000+ on it..

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

I laugh at those guys everytime they try to sell me stuff at the gas station. It's always the last one on the van so they will see it at a discount.

I'm sorry to hear you got burned.

Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon, Pioneer, Sony all have high end units, Paramax is not even in the same playing field of a cheap Vizio sound bar or the cheapest surround sound package made by a legit brand that can be bought at your big box stores.

This stuff is garbage, its literately a $50 speaker system.

Come on now, the woofer is built into that thing they call a receiver.

If its some $3,100 surround sound package the woofer wouldnt be put in the receiver since there are a couple optimal spots in the living room for a powered subwoofer and none of those optimal spots are in your A/V rack or entertainment center where you would put the receiver.

Lets just say that this brand is legit and the best thing to Home audio (its not, but just lets say it is).

A $3100 sound system like claimed would have a dealer cost some place in the neighbor hood of $2300-2700.

Even if its a old model thats discontinued or on close out you would never find it for $600, let alone $450!

It could be a hot item just stolen from a company and being sold on the streets and your still looking at $1000+ price tag because the theifs know what they have and its value hence why they would of stole it.

The above is just hypothetical, but still true if its a high end item.

You bought 2 for $650 it looks like, and they just made a 500+% profit off your lack of common sense because some guy sought out a sucker looking for A/V components at a store.

What I would definitely do is go back to that store tomorrow.

Speak with a manager, and try to see if he can check surveillance cameras and try to get a plate number from the guy in the parking lot you bought it from.

Once that is done call the police and see if they can do anything.

Most stores frown upon people trying to do business in the stores parking lot and take away the stores income from a sale that happened on their property that didnt involve the company one bit.

Most likely if they got you, they probably got many others doing the same thing at the same store, so most likely they will be back, but who knows when.

That is about your only hope sadly.

I mean atleast you paid the much lower than original... Would have been way worse if you paid the $1000+ on it..

Not really since they can be bought as cheap as $50. LOL

Yeah good point. I had no clue how much those actually were worth.. But ever since that little G-Shock scam I got sucked into, I triple check anything I'm consider buying before I actually buy it..

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

Yeah good point. I had no clue how much those actually were worth.. But ever since that little G-Shock scam I got sucked into, I triple check anything I'm consider buying before I actually buy it..

Sadly though with the internet, today's audio forums, having internet capabilities on your phone, and other various ways to research an item people shouldn't really get sucked into these things.

Especially if a guy says hey come out to my car I got something better and it retails for $3100, and your able to talk him down to $450 which is over 6 times cheaper than he claims it retails for you should have the common sense to say this is not right. Something is fishy here.

Then buying something audio related without even getting to demo it before you buy it. Thats why Stereo and Audio shops have display rooms/boards so you know what your buying and you can make an educated decision based on its price, sound, and how it compares to another unit.

For all you know this guy that sold these items could have been suckered in too and researched it when he got home, and now he is trying to sucker another person into it just to get some of his money back.

Sadly though with the internet, today's audio forums, having internet capabilities on your phone, and other various ways to research an item people shouldn't really get sucked into these things.

Especially if a guy says hey come out to my car I got something better and it retails for $3100, and your able to talk him down to $450 which is over 6 times cheaper than he claims it retails for you should have the common sense to say this is not right. Something is fishy here.

Then buying something audio related without even getting to demo it before you buy it. Thats why Stereo and Audio shops have display rooms/boards so you know what your buying and you can make an educated decision based on its price, sound, and how it compares to another unit.

For all you know this guy that sold these items could have been suckered in too and researched it when he got home, and now he is trying to sucker another person into it just to get some of his money back.

Can you say another price and not $450 please?

Archived