This Is Really Confuseing Me

well the other day i was up at my uncles havein him help me put in my fog lights on my truck and i was lettin him listen to my radio, well the truck was off and i was playin it as loud as i usally do then i was like " i wonder how much my fog lights will dim" so i turned em on and they didn't dim one bit, and then i turned on the headlights, and still no dimming with the voltage stayin at a perfect 12.0 volts, never droped down below that and i was playin the hell out of confederate railroad, but a long story short, when i got my truck runnin at night with lights on they dim when the bass hits but befor wit the truck off they didn't, i dont kno whats doin this, my buddy said if i added my cap back with my battery in the back they wont dim with the truck runnin but i got a sp800 battery that should be fine i dont see why not, my mids n highs amp is ran off a hole nother power wire, sub amp wired from front battery to rear n from rear to amp in 0guage, and mids n highs amp ran from front battery to amp with 8guage, now on that note i dont think that lil wire will throw off that much current that bad, i was wondering if i ran that amp to my rear battery and get rid of the 8guage all together if that would make much diff, and i was gunna change the wire from my battery that goes from battery neg to finder, i asked my bro in law if that would make much of a diff and he said that was there more than likely for my lights in the front, i was like hmm i unno, it looks like 8guage or 10 i was gunna up it to 4guage and see what that does for me, any sujestions why my lights dont dim when trucks off but when trucks on they do? i was thinkin engin draw but alt should put back voltage, i think they said my stock alt is 130amp and i got a 930amp duralast gold top in front and sp800 in back i dont see what the prob is i didn't have this prob wit my honda with the 500d and cap, with my headlights on bright and car runnin and system on full tilt my voltage never droped below 14.x volts, this is wiggin me out why it does this, need help plz

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

My guess is because the truck is running.

Using knowledge borrowed from another hobby of mine (Electric R/C cars), when the battery is at rest not being charged the system bumping won't discharge it that much below 12v.

When your alternator pump the juice up to 14.4 it's mostly the alternator giving it that voltage.

When the bass hits with the car running, the alternator is drawn on and your lights dim.

Adding a cap might work but you said you have a Stinger battery so it wouldn't help.

My guess is because the truck is running.

Using knowledge borrowed from another hobby of mine (Electric R/C cars), when the battery is at rest not being charged the system bumping won't discharge it that much below 12v.

When your alternator pump the juice up to 14.4 it's mostly the alternator giving it that voltage.

When the bass hits with the car running, the alternator is drawn on and your lights dim.

Adding a cap might work but you said you have a Stinger battery so it wouldn't help.

Check your grounds.

Car-96 blazer 4 door

Amp- Us-Amps M2D2

Front stage- Infinity Reference Comps 6.5

Subs- Undecided open to all offers and opinions

You had to have it all

Have you had enough

You greedy little bastard

You get what deserved

When all is said and done

I will be the one

To leave you in your misery and hate what you have become

ive got good grounds and when i bump the hell out of it my voltage dont drop below 13.xvolts, and the cap is stinger so i dont see why it wont ive used it befor and it worked well, i hate haveing to set my amp to were it dont make my lights dim and i still got this good electrical, i would do the big three but i dont want to do all this work and it end up being somethin lil, i unno i was gunna try one of those battery isolators stinger makes and see if that makes a diff but thats just to much damn wireing tho, i'll play around with it and see what i get, i use the voltage read out on my headunit, but im wondering if that reads off front battery or not, and if i wire a second voltage guage to rear battery wont it pickup front battery also? lol this is wierd but u gotta learn some how :)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

Meh, lights will usually dim from any kind of voltage drop.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Are they dimming at idle or while your driving. If your talking about idle then it is possible your stuck with it if your pulling enough current. Big Three definately helps with current flow and charging.

it was in his workshop with lights on so it was kinda inbetween but it was at idle but it does it while im driveing to, this is makein me mad cause i gotta set my amp to were my lights dont dim, i mean its not a prob wit voltage drop it dont drop below 13.xx when drivein or idle i just dont get it, i would do the big three but some ppl say it can mess up the stock alt in the long run, but my buddy said to wire the cap in with the battery and it should fix the whole light dimmin problem, ima take out my 8guage to my mid n highs amp and wire it 4guage off the rear battery so it wont pull current off front to, ima play around with it some time, im thinkin bout puttin in my 8000's n wire it to 2ohm instead of 1ohm and see if that changes it any, my amp puts out 600w@4ohm, 800w@2ohm, and 1000w@1ohm [email protected]

but i was wondering if they made some kinda resistor that u can drop the ohm load down to 1ohm from 2ohm so i can get 1000 watts to my 15's instead of 800, i unno there 500wrms 1000 max each single 4ohm 15 2 of em, im just askin this here so i dont halfto kill bandwidth from another thread for just one question

the lights in the chrsyler dims CRAZY when the bass hits and fluctuates from 11.6 - 12.8 volts at idle and while cruising.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg