akbass907 Posted August 26, 2014 Report Posted August 26, 2014 Hey guys, I'm thinking about building a 4th Order bandpass for my dc xl 18, it's currently in a 7foot cubed box tuned to 28hz, but want more high end but keep the low, so I need y'all's help on ideas on air space, ratio (2-1, 3-1, or higher?) and port tuning, to give me the most out of my xl 18. Thanks for any help in advanced. Ps as of right now I'm pushing a hifonics 2400d, but after I get a larger alternator I'm going to get a DC 3.5k
Joe X Posted August 26, 2014 Report Posted August 26, 2014 You can tune slightly higher and or use some equalization with your current box.
akbass907 Posted August 26, 2014 Author Report Posted August 26, 2014 I know I could retune my box, but I'm very interested in the 4th order. I've seen a single 18 do more in a bandpass than 2 18s in a normal ported box.
Hugh G. Rection Posted August 28, 2014 Report Posted August 28, 2014 I know I could retune my box, but I'm very interested in the 4th order. I've seen a single 18 do more in a bandpass than 2 18s in a normal ported box. And I've seen 4 skar 15's in a ported under te window line beat 12 dc 15s in a 4th order wall. So what's your point? Owner of BigAss Ports
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.