Sonic Electronix

Help me decide which 2nd Battery Set-Up is best

Hey guys, I've got a BMW 328 and i'm adding a 1000 watt mono block and possibly another smaller amp to power my two stock 8's for mid bass later. My stock battery is pretty good at 1000cca, but my car does have a lot of electrical systems. I don't think it'd be totally necessary for me to add a second battery but I want to be safe and keep my volts constant and every electrical system working good.

I'm trying to decide on which xs-power battery. I've narrowed it down to the D680, D545, or XP750... I also don't know if it would be best to isolate the battery or just connect it straight up to my stock battery. My stock battery is in the back so hooking them up will be easy. I'm leaning toward straight positive to positive and negative to negative hook up to ease installation and forgo the cost isolating one from the other.

Which would be best? which size battery would be best for system and easiest for stock alternator as i am NOT going to upgrade alternator and my stock alternator is pretty good at I think 180amps.

Thanks for any help and advice!

Unless your stock battery happens to be an AGM, you shouldn't mix an AGM with it. The lead-acid that I'm sure came stock with your car will leech off the AGM and lower the lifetime of the AGM. If you want to run two batteries, replace the one under your hood(trunk?) with the biggest size AGM you can fit, and then use the xp750 as your secondary for your amps. And yes, positive to positive, negative to negative. Or negative to chassis ground.

Archived