Expanding the porch and adding a storage room.

For the past couple days I have been helping my mom's bf building an extension of the porch and building a storage shed. Been a miserable couple days with temps in the 100s. A lot of the lumber used came from an old mobile home that was torn down. The decking is new, but got a good deal on it.

2_zpsbfc98f72.jpg

3_zpsc2e67198.jpg

4_zpsff1d7064.jpg

5_zps2a8c0f56.jpg

I'll post more as work progresses.

It's set up so when we get a new home put it, the porch can be moved. How? I wish I knew. I know if I ask the douche who is doing the majority of the building will will flip out. So I'm choosing not to ask.

With all the effort put in, why didn't you build a real base/legs for it? Those cinder blocks........

And the fact that its shorter than the door, how you gonna fix that once the roof is on? (Assuming its a covered deck)

that is terrible.

Orion: it is going to be an enclosed porch and storage room. The area around the door is going to be taken out and expanding the room a bit bigger. I honestly don't think it's going to work the way they are thinking. Just going to wait and see. The thought of doing it properly was discussed, but they went this way instead. . So far it seems to be steady.

Skippy: Yes it is, but for free scrap wood from a trailer that was torn down, it's not bad.

All honesty I really could care less how it turns out, as long as it gets done. The walls will be insulated better than the rest of the place. The spare room will be finally cleaned out (only took almost a year).

Archived