Couple questions

Doing my install right now and I have a couple questions. Here's what I have - Two DC Lvl 2 12"s, 1.2k, SHCA 1/0 amp & big 3 kits, two 350a fuses, one 250a, XS 3400, stock alternator (60 some amps).

1. For the remote turn on, there is no wire on my harness for accessory or anything else. Could I just wire it in with the "12 volts Switched Power"? It's a Kenwood KDC108.

2. When is the big 3 necessary? I'm probably not going to be able to finish tonight but I'd like to pre-wire everything. I can get the amp ready with the 250 fuse and leave the big 3 to see if I absolutely need it.

3. I know there's a third... I'll update when I think of it

TIA

----------------------------------------------

CURRENT PROBLEM:

Trying to get two D4 DC level 2 12"s subs to 1 ohm on a DC 1.2k. Currently at ~1.8 ohm final. Coils are about 4.4 each. When I start to play music (to set gains), the ohm load boosts to over 20.

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

What are the coils on teh subs?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

if you measured them at 4.4ohm each, and wired them correctly, then you should be at a 1.1ohm resistance reading. parallel resistance is calculated for all four voice coils (two per sub) by: Resistance Total = 1/ (1/r1 + 1/r2 + 1/r3+ 1/r4)

r1 thru r4 being the resistance of each voice coil

so if you're not getting the correct resistance when wired, then you either wired it wrong, or you may have a open in a wire. check the resistance of each piece of wire.

Archived