Sonic Electronix

Good Speakers In My Price/Power Range?

hey guys need a bit of help, I've done as much research as possible on sonicelectronix, crutchfield, soundquebed etc etc but don't really know what to get. My amp is pushing out a true 80 watts x 2 at 4ohms and need a set of coaxials to put in my front door. I had bought a set but they pooped out on me the same day (i guess it was a manufacture defect) bought them from a private seller with no warranty so couldn't do much about it. Things happen oh well its no ones fault. Anyways can anyone recommend a good set of 6.5 coaxials from 75rms-80rms? Ive seen a couple i like but are either 90rms-100rms and i don't want to under power my speakers so i figured 75-80 rms is my best bet. My budget is $0-$80 for the pair, but I'm willing to check out anyones suggestions regardless of the price. I just want speakers asap because i hate driving my car without music on my way to school, work or anywhere else I'm going.

thanks!

p.s I'm looking for clarity in speakers, nice highs/mids i could careless if the lows are 0/10 cause I'm working on my subwoofer setup right now (2 skar vvx 12's), also looking for something that won't distort no matter what volume its at (don't worry ill tune my amp properly)

how about comps? you can get some Pioneer TS-D 6.5" comps for $90 on amazon.com

ill check them out right now, have you ever had any personal experience with them as to how the handle power/sound?

If your output is 80 watts you will be fine 60-100 RMS. Most of the time even if your speakers are at full output, they will not have 80 watts from the amp.

Example, I have 125rms components, I have a 200wrms amp. My components only recieve an average of 100-150 true watts.

how about comps? you can get some Pioneer TS-D 6.5" comps for $90 on amazon.com

ill check them out right now, have you ever had any personal experience with them as to how the handle power/sound?

If your output is 80 watts you will be fine 60-100 RMS. Most of the time even if your speakers are at full output, they will not have 80 watts from the amp.

Example, I have 125rms components, I have a 200wrms amp. My components only recieve an average of 100-150 true watts.

so its okay to overpower them that much right? as long as I'm not under powering..correct? do you think a 65rms speaker will sound as good as an 80rms speaker with the same amp? I'm trying to get the most out of my amp but as long as it'll sound loud and clear thats all that really matters to me. I just want it to keep up with my lows..these skar vvx are no joke

More power handling doesn't give you better SQ. Usually it will lead to better SQ as higher powered speakers are better quality and materiels used. But going (for example) from a 60 watt speaker to an 80 watt speaker doesn't mean the 80watt speaker will sound better. It is okay to over and underpower your speakers if you are not driving them into distortion.

Don't worry, it won't cost too much to keep up with a 600 watt sub. Pioneer TSA/TSD's are a good value. Just Dont expect to much from something in that price range.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004XW8MIS?cache=c2409de189043c1f1cda6b31aa27d8b5π=SX200_QL40&qid=1409464430&sr=8-3#ref=mp_s_a_1_3

Keep in mind if you order the cxsv2 model it is power hungry and needs 3.75" depth.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IKVMOJQ?cache=c2409de189043c1f1cda6b31aa27d8b5π=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&qid=1409464572&sr=8-7#ref=mp_s_a_1_7

These are also awesome for the price. If you are looking at coaxials instead then I think CDT makes 2ohm coaxials.

Archived