Deon Williams Posted August 30, 2014 Report Posted August 30, 2014 I'm soon going to be running well attemp to run 4 12s in my 2002 eclipse. Is there anyone who can help with a box design that'll fit behind the rear seats . Was debating on 3 choices for subs which are obsidian v3, American bass xfl, and audiopipe bd3. Any suggestions welcome on those as well. This is kind of a budget build. Also subs will be ran on 2 apsm 2ks. Space wise. I haven't seen this done so let me know if it's possible. Maybe 2 subs inverted on the top and other 2 towards back along with port idk. I don't have my car here at the exact moment as it's in the bodyshop, so haven't measured . Pretty sure it's someone around here or the back space specs are on the net somewhere. Also I would want to tune low. On either sub choice. Maybe 29-32 hz range. So if anyone can help or and suggestion and feedback would be gladly appreciated , ThAnks !
Joe X Posted August 30, 2014 Report Posted August 30, 2014 Not sure if you have space for 4 12s, post max dims for a box.
Deon Williams Posted August 30, 2014 Author Report Posted August 30, 2014 Not sure how accurate this is , but found this online , as I stated before I don't have the car here. Cargo Capacity: 7.2 - 16.9 cu. ft. Not sure if that'll help or not.
Joe X Posted August 30, 2014 Report Posted August 30, 2014 That doesn't really help since you are usually you are building a rectangular box which wont go too much above the window line.
Deon Williams Posted August 30, 2014 Author Report Posted August 30, 2014 Well I'm not sure about the dimensions of the back right now. By looking at it from the eye it looks as it can be done . Two up two back with port. But I'm not sure so.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted August 30, 2014 Report Posted August 30, 2014 So when you get the car back measure the max dimensions of the space you're willing to give up then come back here and post them. No one can help you without the numbers and eyeballing it is not an accurate measurement. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Deon Williams Posted August 30, 2014 Author Report Posted August 30, 2014 I will do that. And honestly the whole trunk space can do. I just need to keep my back seats .
Deeznutz Posted August 30, 2014 Report Posted August 30, 2014 run to walmart at night and get some large boxes. Build a simple box out of cardboard boxes. tape it together to give you an idea of the size of the box. get creative. Measure the outside dimensions and do the math. The reason for the cardboard box is that like my BMW convertible..... I had to be careful to not build the box too big or I could not get it in the trunk due to the opening of the trunk being smaller than trunk capacity itself. Example. I had 31" width x 13" " height to work with, BUT only 28.5" width opening x 10.25" height.....so the box can slide into the trunk. I was like Holy shit! how did that happen when I made my original box 31x12! (Laugh, it was sorta funny) Just my 0.02 cents! -Frank
Deon Williams Posted August 31, 2014 Author Report Posted August 31, 2014 Never built a box before lol. So I should just make a box out of cardboard and measure it? As I said never built a box before.
REH Posted August 31, 2014 Report Posted August 31, 2014 Before you get so far ahead of yourself... You're worried about being able to fit only the box for the 4 12's you're thinking about... And already made it clear to be a budget build. You're wanting to run 4k rms. Have you thought about the space for batteries? Do you have an upgraded alt? Do you have the electrical to support 400 amps of current? You may need to think this through some more.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.