Question about HO ALT and 2nd Battery

next week I am ordering my sound system for my car. I am getting 2 SoundQuebed HDS312's and 2 Q1-1200 to power them. I am also getting the Q4-120 to power my components.

I plan on ordering either MechMan or Singer HO ALT. I am trying to keep the ALT pric around $400 to $500 depending on where I get it and what kind of deal I can get it for. Either 240amp or 320amp.

My biggest question is how do I figure out how many or what size batteries I will need. Any help would be fantastic. Thank you

1 good battery under the hood, and one good one in the back should be plenty with a good alt.

How to figure it out? Look at the specs on battery sites- they usually say good for xxxx watts. You'll need enough for just over 2500watts. Which like I said, one in front, one in back should be plenty with a good alt.

What vehicle?

Personally, i'd just get one of those Duralast Platinum batteries, it's a AGM battery. Here is a site you can input your vehicle information and they can recommend a battery for you:

http://4xspower.com/passenger-vehicle/

As for the battery size, no... It doesn't have to be the same size as the one under the hood.

Make sure to put those HDS312's in a proper box, mine slam in about 2.5 sq feet per sub tuned to 34Hz. They say about every 24A cost you approximately 1 HP... So unless you plan on getting like 2 more of those 1200w amps, i'd recommend the lower of the two.

First figure out how much amperage the car itself needs.

Second figure out average amperage draw of each amp then add that together

Third buy an alt that can produce that much amperage or more

Fourth do the big 3 with wire adequate to the amperage that the alt can produce

Fifth do the main battery first.

From there you might be good depending on how the car charges. I mean if it charges at 13.9+ then you might only drop to 12+ but if you charge at 13.5 you may drop below 12. If after what I listed your not happy with voltage add a second battery. From there you should be good imo. If you still are dropping lower then you want redo grounds and double check all your crimps or soldered connectors/lugs. If that checks out good and your still not happy maybe a voltage boost module or whatever its called or just another battery.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Do t mix agm and non agm batteries. Agm batteries tend to have a higher resting voltage. The non agm will try charging off of it while the car is off and can lower the life of the agm. That is how it was explained to me.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Unless your playing with the car off a lot its pointless and just another connection to add resistance.

Oh and with an isolator they wouldn't be mixed/wired together. The would be isolated so your still wrong by the definition of isolation.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

You can mix them, you just need a battery isolator.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i1031_battery-isolators-and-relays.html

stop giving advice.fopr crying out loud

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Unless your playing with the car off a lot its pointless and just another connection to add resistance.

Oh and with an isolator they wouldn't be mixed/wired together. The would be isolated so your still wrong by the definition of isolation.

How the heck are you going to mix them? Put them in a pot and mix them with a spoon?

Archived