HCCA 10

1.25 CF sealed

2-2.5 cf vented, tuned 35-40hz

1.0 cf @ 42hz vented??? where did that come from

seemed wicked odd to me dude..

are you in town?

come over to Fernandos bro... i wanna hear your shiz

me and Jose are heading over now

Did you know 10's can drop lower than 12's, but at the cost of not being as loud as a 12? It's a trade off.

Why did you buy a 10??

Logical right?

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Did you know 10's can drop lower than 12's, but at the cost of not being as loud as a 12? It's a trade off.

Why did you buy a 10??

Logical right?

This is confusing. A 10 will play just as low as a 12. of course the 10 will be quieter...it's less cone area. It will be quieter at all frequencies. What exactly are you trying to say?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Why did you buy a 10??

Logical right?

Actually it is. I had 2 RF HX2 10's they in a 2cf sealed box firing into a ski hole port of a BMW convertible. Bass was ok, except for the really low notes like Dolla $'s Paranoid bassline, that is where the 10's shined. Now I moved to 2 Memphis C3 12's. Different box. 1.56 sealed total. Overall the bass is amplified much louder overall, but they do not hit as "low" as the 10's did. So I speak from experience.

Not here to argue guys, but he has a 10", and she has her limits. Work with in the limits of what you have or buy another one.

I was in his shoes decades go.

1995-Started out with 2 RF SP-8" subs in a pre-fab box. Winded up frying the coils.

1996-So I stepped up to 1 12 MTX Road Thunder in a large bandpass enclosure. Fried her too!

1997-Stepped up to a C12A Kicker Competition in a 1.75cf sealed. Sounded better than the Bandpass, but wanted more.

1998-Stepped up to 12 Kickers.

1999-than 4 subs Kicker subs.

They had their limitations.

2004-a blow through w/ 4 RF HX2 12's, I arrived at what I wanted!

There are limits to what can be done. So we need to chose wisely. He is where I was in 1995. No need for bashing!

-Frank

MrSkippy, you are incorrect. A 10 is snapper than a 12, and it does play lower than a 12 due to the mass movement of the cone. The down side to this is the spider gets beat up. This fact has been told to me over the years since I started messing with car audio in 1995. People will always disagree with someone else. It's the nature of opinion. And bass is personal taste. I like my bass accurate over boomy. Read my last post about the HX2 10 and the C3 12.

The OP never said what vehicle he had this box and subwoofer in. Occupied space also makes a difference.

-Frank

Great internet fighting. lol.

Personal taste brother!

I had 2 RF HX2 15's. Loud but not accurate for my taste.

I made a thread about my Bimmer trunk build. I had 2 12" Kicker Solo. They were replaced by memphis C3's.

The C3 were a step in loudness to the Kickers, but either could reproduce the Paranoid bass line as I stated before.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Maybe my first post was sarcastic in my writing. Maybe a do have a chip on my shoulder when people buy

these massive subs, and a feed it a cheap amp and ask why it doesn't sound good.

And it does make me laugh when the sub in question can very well play at a certain Hz, but the 10 is a 10, and she has her limits.

-Frank

Archived