Second Skin Audio

possible to do 30hz box for orion hcca 10ich tech help please

fufhubbin

but you are basing that on testing with tons of variables...

and if what you say is true, why do my 2 8s play down to 30hz without an issue? why did my 12s in my Scion play double bass drums and upright bass without issues?

It's not personal taste, it's fact. What about SQ cars with 15s in infinite baffles? I mean if only they knew that 15s couldn't play "tight" bass...

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Mr Skippy, you hit the nail on the head. Alot of variables.

But you should always point someone in the right direction right off the bat. If they made a mistake, help them get out of it, before they get in over their heads.

Personally he bought the wrong sub, which now he has to test and test to find what will sound good in his application. That is what i saying in my posts.

What you're saying is correct "in those SPECIFIC applications". but if it's not the same car.....than your argument is invalid. You know as well as I do, that cars have different cabin gains. You can not compare a Scion to say a Lexus SC400.

I had an SC, that thing sucked for bass no matter what sub I used! lol. And I wasn't about to cut the metal either.

It's about variables. I agree with you. Just don't go to a show and run out and buy what you saw, do research first.

Dont buy a fitted shirt because you saw a muscle head with one, and think if you wear one it will make you look like him. lol.

If the guy at the shop said it can't play lower, he probably just wants to avoid any liability to the sub, because he is probably aware the bigger the box, the looser the cone. Makes sense to me.

-Frank

MrSkippy,

Just breezed through your F-150 build. Are you serious? Nope notch equipment with make any thing sound good. I did all the proper wiring for my gf's daughter's truck. Stinger 1/0 and 0 gauge through out. Monster cable RCAs etc. >4V RCA outputs from your unit. This guy may not have all that.

Sorry if I do not make sense, but I am a sensible guy.

Take working out for instance. If you ask me about working out in the past, I will tell you either do it right, or do not bother asking me. It's dedication, not supplements, not sets, no the weight you lift. Do it right, or do not do it at all.

When someone asks you about car audio, you may give them the answer to their question, but if you do not take the time to advise them that ALOT WENT INTO the system, not just a Walmart 2V headunit, a Shosche amp kit, and a Power Koustiz amp is not going to get the results that you did.

I still think he is building a house around a faucet........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvDK9DjVjHA

-Frank

Nah, if he had the wallet, he would have done it right the first time. We both have the wallet to get whatever needs done...done. When someone doesn't it's best to stop them in their tracks than to keep suggesting.

Question, why did you use 2 subs in your scion and f-150 as opposed to only 1 sub?

-Frank

Thanks for the advice guys!@ really appreciate it. I have a 1994 Nissan Altima with only 60k miles on it. the back seat doesn't fold down it has a metal sheet behind it and its part of the frame basicly but the armrest it the back folds down and has an opening to the trunk.

I have the hifonics brutus 2600 bxi amp that's hooked up to true 4 gauge wiring and only have a 60 amp fuse on it. I hasn't blow yet. the guy at the sub shop(whos the owner of an alpine flagship dealership(said only 6 total in US) said that my fuse would blow immediately but it hasn't!) Im ruggning at 2 ohms long story short they sent me the 2000 rms model from ebay when the ad said 1500rms) so I was thinking id be find running 2 ohms on my amp which it 1750rms and still be good on power but that's not the case now that I have the newr model.

So correct me if im wrong but I hooked the multi meter up to my amp to tune the gain and I was getting 60 volts easy on a 60hz HD test tone. and I tested some songs and was only getting the mid 40 volts so I turned it up so my songs are hitting 50-70 volts on the louder notes and 30-50 volts on the lower notes( would that be considers 1700rms then?? my amp doesn't get hot but slightly warm. It has cut out on me a few times when after testing I was throwing out 80 plus volts at 2 ohms which is suppose to be 3200 watts which makes sence why it cut out now so is that like a protechtion thing on the amp or what cause im greatful !

ORION HCCA 10.4 2000 watts RMS 4000 watts max

hifonics brutus 2600 bxi

Alpine IDA -305 Digital receiver

0 gauge power wire 250 amp fuse

800 watt BUTTKICKER BASS SHAKER

Kicker zx-400 amp to power buttkicker

Nah, if he had the wallet, he would have done it right the first time. We both have the wallet to get whatever needs done...done. When someone doesn't it's best to stop them in their tracks than to keep suggesting.

Question, why did you use 2 subs in your scion and f-150 as opposed to only 1 sub?

-Frank

You dont need the wallet to have a sub do 30 hz. see this sub? i hit 25 hz with this sub. its a 50 dollar sub. WOW

onx254sq.jpg

this is me trying to understand things you say

2Crpdxa.gif

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

a bit off topic here

but why would the specs needed be 1 cube, at 42hz ?

is that off the website? if so, id just take that driver and throw it across the street.

Can anyone confirm this, and then tell me how that would work at all for the needs of a sub woofer?

a box at 42hz at 1 cube... Is this real life...?

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's

Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own)

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

All SHCA Wires and stuff...

XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement)

High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)

OP, you're not even close to calculating your wattage because you don't even have a current clamp and an o-scope to calculate the phase angle of the AC current from the AC voltage. (power factor)

You're basically throwing around pointless numbers, but if you haven't blown your 60a fuse, you're not even close to 1000 watts.

Edit: Do a search on the forum for this kind of stuff and you'll understand.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Archived