Sundown Audio

T2500 Spec Sheet says 3521 x 1 @ 1 Ohm, How many watts am I really getting?

viol8ter

2002 Mountaineer

2 T2D412's

Amp wire 0 Gage Fosgate

Battery

Kenwood DNX9990HD Reciever

You're running that amp on a stock alt and battery? You better upgrade quickly.

What would you suggest?

2002 Mountaineer

2 T2D412's

Amp wire 0 Gage Fosgate

Battery

Kenwood DNX9990HD Reciever

You're running that amp on a stock alt and battery? You better upgrade quickly.

What would you suggest?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i2093_mercury-high-output-alternators.html?from=1870

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m716_i228_xs-power-car-batteries-power-cells.html

hopefully you are paying attention to what others are saying about your electrical system

:ninja:

I understand that I need to upgrade what I am asking is what to?

first thing i would get would be an HO alt for your vehicle. remember adding batteries does not increase voltage. Get a nice 270 and see how voltage is from there..

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

hopefully you are paying attention to what others are saying about your electrical system

says the bad ass that likes to see 9's

:P

hey it aint easy running a 9k on 2 batts.. No fucks given right.. lol

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

So just looking at the specs on his birth sheet....

2007 w @ 4 ohm

3450 w @ 2 ohm

3521 w @ 1 ohm

2007 to 3450 seems like a big (not impossible) jump going from 4 to 2 ohms, yet 3450 to 3521 from 2 to 1 ohm seems like a small step. Does that seem right? Is that common in this line of amps/other companies amps? My birth sheets have only shown one number (Kicker amps and a Jensen...surprisingly) so I have nothing to compare it to, but most online specs for amplifiers that I've seen increase in power fairly proportionally to drops in resistance. IDK just seemed strange to me.

On thread, alternator is your main power source and can generate some nice high (14.0 - 14.9) voltages that still play nice with OEM electronics. I would focus on that, then add batteries if necessary. DC, Singer, Mechman, and another I can't remember...research, then pick a company and tell em what you're driving and what equipment you have and they'll take care of you.

Also make sure to upgrade your stock electric by performing "the big 3". You can find an awesome tutorial stickied on the electrical section here. If you can, run double the 0 gauge back to your amp and invest in some ToolMaker dual inputs. This and anything else you can do to help that power flow will be appreciated by all your equipment.

Lastly, USE FUSES. Oh and nice amp, take care of her and she'll take care of you.

says the bad ass that likes to see 9's

:P

hey it aint easy running a 9k on 2 batts.. No fucks given right.. lol

Just much respect sir (mostly because you make it WORK )

I understand that I need to upgrade what I am asking is what to?

first thing i would get would be an HO alt for your vehicle. remember adding batteries does not increase voltage. Get a nice 270 and see how voltage is from there..

Thanks will do.

Archived