Second Skin Audio

need help with doing ports

justin0943

...A 6" round port, or 6" aero would be my recommendation (16 square inches of port each, 32" between the two), or a slot port with 32 square inches (multiply length and width, when the result is 32" there's your money, like a 4" x 8" slot port for instance.) I'm at work and can't use Torres calculator (my preferred tool) but I'm coming up with 11.25" long on the port (I do not, and would not, take that as gospel until someone has run this all through Torres calculator, but this gives you some direction and idea t least.)

A 6" round or aero port has 28.27" sq in of port area, not 16". Not sure where you got that number, but anyway if a 6" round port was used you MIGHT be able to get away with just using one.

okay so a single 6in round port an have it about 11.25in long okay got that.if a single 6in port doesn't work how would I do let say 2x 3in round port would I just divide the the lenght so it'll be 2x 5.6in in length

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

...A 6" round port, or 6" aero would be my recommendation (16 square inches of port each, 32" between the two), or a slot port with 32 square inches (multiply length and width, when the result is 32" there's your money, like a 4" x 8" slot port for instance.) I'm at work and can't use Torres calculator (my preferred tool) but I'm coming up with 11.25" long on the port (I do not, and would not, take that as gospel until someone has run this all through Torres calculator, but this gives you some direction and idea t least.)

A 6" round or aero port has 28.27" sq in of port area, not 16". Not sure where you got that number, but anyway if a 6" round port was used you MIGHT be able to get away with just using one.

Sorry, that came out differently in my head. I meant Sundown recommends 16 sq inches of port area per sub, so 32 sq inches for the pair in a common chamber. A 6" round port is the closest to 32 inches.

That make more sense? Sometimes I get mathematically retarded, sometimes I can't freaking write English.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

okay so a single 6in round port an have it about 11.25in long okay got that.if a single 6in port doesn't work how would I do let say 2x 3in round port would I just divide the the lenght so it'll be 2x 5.6in in length
The length doesn't get halved. If you use two smaller ports with the same port area as a single larger one, they will all end up the same length.

And, two 3" ports aren't a substitute for a 6" port, half the port diameter isn't half the port area. Highschool geometry bro; 3.14 x radius squared (half the diameter).

6" port = 3.14 x 3 x 3 = 28.26 square inches

4" port = 3.14 x 2 x 2 = 12.56

3" port = 3.14 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 7 square inches.

So, two 3" ports is only half the port area of a 6". A pair of 4's is still less, but much closer.

Yes, I'm an enormous math dork.

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Here is a suggestion for a slot port version very easy to build (as there is no slanted baffle), having 55W available there should be no problems to fit , power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide, 1-1 1/4 wooden dowel rods for bracing:

2sd2.jpg

2sd2pic.jpg

Here is a suggestion for a slot port version very easy to build (as there is no slanted baffle), having 55W available there should be no problems to fit , power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide, 1-1 1/4 wooden dowel rods for bracing:

2sd2.jpg

2sd2pic.jpg

thanks for all the help guys, now I will run what you gave me an make some shallow mount subs slam still waiting on some stuff

2 sundown sd-2 d4

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

48"L? I thought like ten posts ago you said your max dimensions for the enclosure were 35"?

Build Thread

48"L? I thought like ten posts ago you said your max dimensions for the enclosure were 35"?

here the post

2 sd-2 12 sealed or 10 port specs-h-16in l-35in top depth-9in bottom depth-10in

if I do 4 sd-2 10's it'll be h-16in l-55in top depth-9in bottom depth-10in

I was trying to stay in the 35in lenght so I can build a amp rack on the passenger side but if I had to I can go 54in in length to get more room

2 sundown sd-2 d4

flex tech

box design by Joe X

^^^. Well, apparently I missed that part. Joe's design is spot on, sorry for us leading each other on a wild goose chase.

Build Thread

^^^. Well, apparently I missed that part. Joe's design is spot on, sorry for us leading each other on a wild goose chase.

didn't you see the pic I posted thats the reason I posted it so y'all can see the room I got, again thanks everyone that help me becuase when it comes to doing a ported box I'm lost as soon as the rest of my shca stuff get here I'll start on it.

2 sundown sd-2 d4

flex tech

box design by Joe X

Archived