Cj Kumz Posted September 3, 2014 Report Posted September 3, 2014 Hey guys do these impedance rise figures look ok to you. I'm just curious about the huge gaps. Nominal load was 2 ohms. 28 Hz: 7.4 ohms 30 Hz: 7.1 ohms 32 Hz: 6.6 ohms 35 Hz: 7.5 ohms 40 Hz: 12.4 ohms 50 Hz: 5.9 ohms 70 Hz: 4.0 ohms Any info and input would be great. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Ritch40 Posted September 3, 2014 Report Posted September 3, 2014 what are you nominally wired at? any idea what the actual DC resistance of the sub(s) is at the amp? I personally dont see any issues, but then i am not the most experienced person with that on the site either.
hispls Posted September 3, 2014 Report Posted September 3, 2014 What is your goal here? Why are you worried about this?
mrd6 Posted September 3, 2014 Report Posted September 3, 2014 Looks like you are tuned around 32 and probably peak around 40 on the meter? But I second Hispls, this info is useless without knowing what you want to learn from it... My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
mrd6 Posted September 3, 2014 Report Posted September 3, 2014 Double post My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
Cj Kumz Posted September 3, 2014 Author Report Posted September 3, 2014 I just wanna learn how I can reduce on the rise. I know because music has different frequencies it will flactuate but I'm losing a lot of power. My amp does 2000w at 2 ohms but according to this test I'm not even running half of that due to rise. So just wanna know tips to help reduce rise. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
TRON Posted September 3, 2014 Report Posted September 3, 2014 I just wanna learn how I can reduce on the rise. I know because music has different frequencies it will flactuate but I'm losing a lot of power. My amp does 2000w at 2 ohms but according to this test I'm not even running half of that due to rise. So just wanna know tips to help reduce rise. You can't do anything about this. The voice coil is a reactive load so it constantly changes, and it's totally normal. Don't be certain that you're loosing power if you haven't even measured the power. Avalanche Alpine Type S comps Alpine Type S 10'' Alpine MPR-F300 Alpine MRX-M50 Mechamn 270 XS Power d3400s
bkolfo4 Posted September 3, 2014 Report Posted September 3, 2014 The low in-between the two peaks is your tuning frequency. Other than that don't worry anything about it, unless you plan on burping at one single frequency 100% of the time. Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
Joe X Posted September 4, 2014 Report Posted September 4, 2014 OP sure you are tuned to 38Hz like the sig states? Also I guess you should disclose your testing method.
hispls Posted September 4, 2014 Report Posted September 4, 2014 Buy Dayton DATS if you really care to see your impedance curve. That is the correct tool to measure. If you really care, keep buying different woofers until you have one that has 2 ohm at it's lowest point in your useable bandwidth or whatever it is you want to see.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.