04 quad cab ram with RAM designs blow through box

Great work so far man. Which tip did you use when shooting the clear? I myself am thinking of picking up a Tekna(Devilbiss made) Copper HVLP for a good clear gun to I hear that the 1.2 tip does a marvelous job at laying clear down like glass, weather permitting.

Anyway, I'm excited to see the while package on this. Great job so far man ;)

I used a 1.5 tip for the clear and 1.8 for the base the guns I use are called starting line by Devilbiss. Just an entry level gun. But for what I do with them which is just small projects they wor great. I think your right tho it might have helped if i used a larger tip like a 1.2 or 1.3

The tip you used is larger than I'll then use for primer. I think you have it backwards though 1.8>1.2 . The smaller the number, the smaller the hole. The number is a measurement in MM. Typically a smaller tip will give you flow out and finer spray. It really depends on WHAT you're spraying through the gun though and if you can give adequate pressure at the cap. Just go by what the manufacturer recommends for their base and clear tip size and suggested pressure.

Regardless, it makes no difference because you color sanded that thing BEAUTIFULLY and it's glass man. Nice to see you do it right and get it flat. I'm super excited to see this blowthrough ;)

I think it's the season for blowthroughs maybe.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

• 2 months later...

sorry it has been so long, but I am almost ready to resume the build. My wife decided to trade in her charger for a new challenger, so I had to remove her system and put the car back to stock, which was as depressing as it was a pain in the ass. But now I have a brand new challenger to play with so thats kinda cool. but as far as the old dodge is concerned, I am still a go for blowthrough, Im just waithing for the motor to come back from the engine shop so I can start re-assembly.

More to come soon........

The best head...

is an old school BassHead!!

get your minds out of the gutter people ;)

Nice paint skills. I have always wanted to paint my own things but too nervous to try it. Give me a rattle can and it's game over lol

On the other hand, I can't wait to see this unfold. Keep up the good work.

Archived