Jump to content

check out my caps


deadbroke

Recommended Posts

Posted

so after figuring out how to upload pictures again I can show you guys my tweeter caps. they are pretty big im not sure how else everyone else wires them in line with their tweeters but I have 8 tweeters so these are taking up a bunch of space kind of curious how big and where everyone else puts theirs

2014-09-05154215.jpg

2014-09-05165516.jpg

Posted

Yeah I'm going active. I figured I already went overboard but I bought 4 sets of components I figured I would use everything. I was told to use caps since I originally planned to use bulbs but they were going to be big picked up caps they are huge lol

Posted

Too many tweeters for any build.

Sell 6 of them and buy you a nice pair of 4" drivers to go with your tweeters.

Oh and if you go active correctly ... You will not have any need for those caps ... Just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

I had planned to cross my tweeters at 3,000 with these caps it will cross around 1800ish so my processor will be doing all the work. I am always looking for something to protect my tweeters in case my processor fails or I set it up wrong. Maybe it's not completely active but I'll feel better having something there. I don't expect the caps to degrade any sound so they might not even come into play until something goes wrong. Only downside to these caps is they are way bigger than the npe caps

Posted

1800 htz ??? Way too low for tweeters. Might as well not have anything at all on there.

Just saying, not much protection there at all.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

I'll be crossing them at 3000 on the rf 360 these are just in case caps if something were to happen to my processor specs say the tweeters will play within that range I know people usually cross at 2x fs so I'll have my processor doing the work

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1556 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...