Sonic Electronix

Active set up db level you guys use for gains?

I prefer -0db for mids and tweets. Its a personal preference though.

I prefer -0db for mids and tweets. Its a personal preference though.

the possibilities are pretty much endless. Pretty sure you turn your tweeter attenuation low as hell on the 80prs right? Up to the op if he wants to use the tweeter level on the unit instead. Be-carefull though, the attenuation adjustments are pretty broad on the 80prs.

So what should test tone should i use for the tweeters the 1khz test tone or 5khz?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/96978-test-tones-and-tuning-tutorial-all-new-links-again/

Minus well read the thread. You will want to know that stuff,especially when it comes to changing speakers out as 90% of the time they will sound off if you swap them with a different model/brand. It pretty much sums up all your questions. Btw you can still do -0/-0 for the mids and highs but the adjustment on the 80prs will most likely be more broad and sensitive per step compared to the gain control on the amp.

Never thought of it that way. After I get my punch pros running (need a 4ch) ill have to play with it more.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Never thought of it that way. After I get my punch pros running (need a 4ch) ill have to play with it more.

Yup try it out. I have the same thing. It already does over 100db per watt. I have them on a t600.2 with the 800.4 set to -5 and still,my tweeter level on the 80prs is -8. Rather irratating if you ask me.

Archived